Housing Business Administration Apprentice
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Dartford Borough Council. The ideal candidate will support housing officers in the delivery of key housing management functions and assist in the delivery of a customer focussed frontline housing service. .
The Borough of Dartford comprises the town of Dartford and eight surrounding parishes: Stone Bean Darenth Longfield & New Barn Southfleet Sutton-at-Hone & Hawley Swanscombe & Greenhithe Wilmington. Making a difference: The Borough is not just a focus for physical development, despite the focus of the Thames Gateway and associated works. Of course the Borough is not dissimilar to others of a similar size, but what makes Dartford different is the sense of dynamic action that is making the Borough break free of its recent past and build on a glorious history. This history has constantly seen Dartford as a magnet for innovation, invention and inspiration.
From the early years of paper-making and cement manufacture to the later developments in engineering and pharmaceuticals, Dartford has played a central role in changing the world as we know it. The future for Dartford is similarly bright. Despite the plans to increase substantially in size there is an underlying commitment to quality; of design, build and purpose. The Bridge development, just a few hundred metres from the Dartford Dojo, highlights perfectly the direction that Dartford is taking towards sustainability. An exemplar of public-private partnership, The Bridge is redefining the rules for large scale mixed-use development. By integrating the needs of commercial occupiers and residents with a thoughtful approach to the natural environment.
Description of vacancy
An opportunity to gain valuable experience within a busy Local Authority Housing department. The successful applicant will provide professional and comprehensive support for the delivery of the resident involvement service. To respond to enquiries received face-to-face, by telephone, or by electronic communication. To provide a welcoming and friendly environment and work with other members of the housing team to meet the standards set for the housing service.
- Admin Tasks - Admin support for Resident Involvement meetings/events and specifically for the Dartford Borough Residents Forum (DBRF).
- Helping to ensure accurate contact details are obtained from residents and updating Capita accordingly.
- Providing admin for all competitions and prize draws.
- Admin and facilitation support at training courses
- Scanning and filing
- To answer face to face enquiries for Resident Involvement.
- Assisting with carrying out surveys
- To answer telephone enquiries from the DBRF and any other housing service
- Reviewing publications Under the direction of the RIO
- To answer emails under the direction of the RIO
37.5 hours per week
8.45am – 5.15pm Mon to Thursday
8.45am – 4.45pm on Friday’s
- Adequate computer knowledge,
- A good head for figures
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good telephone manner
Confident in communication
5 GCSE’s including * - C Grade or above in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent qualifications) and ICT or equivalent Level 2 Qualification.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.