Business Administration Apprentice
Currently we have over 880 students aged 11-16 and over 340 aged 16-18 taking AS and A2 levels. We aim to be a friendly, caring and stimulating community which motivates young people to enjoy learning, participate enthusiastically in wider activities and make the most of their abilities.
Description of vacancy
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated below. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Headteacher.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues, suppliers, contractors and other professionals.
- Undertake administrative/clerical tasks including photocopying, filing, faxing and collating reports.
- Assist with processing of orders and invoicing
- Assist in maintaining and updating information held on school databases.
- Assist in the routine collection of data as required.
- Assist in ensuring that registers are collected and returned as required, and that students arriving late to school are signed in as per school procedures.
- Assist in the circulation of incoming mail and outgoing post.
- Undertake reception duties including the signing in/out of visitors to the school.
- Courteously welcome and receive visitors/callers to the school and deal with enquiries as required, maintaining security requirements and confidentiality.
- Direct visitors to school as appropriate.
- Answer incoming and internal switchboard calls, dealing with requests and enquiries and taking messages as required.
- Deal with students that are feeling unwell or have been injured, and those needing to leave school for medical appointments.
- Accept deliveries to the school and make arrangements for their appropriate distribution.
- Assist with the smooth operation of school admissions e.g. giving out application forms.
- Receive, record and bank school trip monies received from students/parents/carers.
- Attend school events as required.
- S/he shall assist in school emergencies, including locating staff, contacting emergency services and completing necessary documentation.
- Ensure that all administrative/clerical duties, checks and documentation including returns and reports are completed
Weekly salary of £140.00 (based on £4.00 per hour, rising to £5 after 6 months.) This role is term time only ( total 40 weeks per year)
35 hours per week, working 8:00am to 3:30pm
Good telephone manor and interpersonal skills.
Confident when dealing with people.
GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.