Business Support Apprentice
Jee is a leading independent multi-discipline subsea engineering and training company operating in the global oil, gas and renewables industries. Established in 1988, we have offices in Aberdeen and Tonbridge. We are proud to hold the Investors in People Gold standard award and of our global reputation for both our engineering and professional training services.
Description of Vacancy
An exciting opportunity to gain valuable office experience within a busy subsea engineering and training consultancy firm. The successful applicant will provide a professional and effective administrative service to all departments within Jee Ltd. The role will have a direct reporting line to the Courses Coordinator.
The role will provide administrative support to the business with a larger proportion of time spent supporting the Training function. This is split out as below:
Training function responsibilities (approximately 60% of the role)
The company spends 80% of its time working on engineering projects and 20% of its time teaching it. We have developed a broad range of training from foundation to practitioner level and evolved to become the benchmark for excellence in training for the oil and gas industry.
The role will support the Courses Coordinator with the administration, coordination and logistical aspects of the training function. This will include:
- Supporting the Courses Coordinator with the successful coordination of all learner requirements
- Maintaining their records and generating required data
- Supporting with pre and post feedback processes
- Supporting and coordinating travel arrangements including Visas
- Supporting the coordination of course equipment and material requirements
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with course tutors and third party suppliers
- Maintaining course-related procedures
- Responding to online distance learning queries and escalate if required
- Supporting with blended learning interventions where appropriate
- Ad-hoc administrative requirements
General administrative responsibilities supporting the HR, Facilities Management, and Sales & Marketing functions (approximately 40% of the role)
- Data input, photocopying, document creation – with use of MS Office
- Researching new practices and policies where required
- Answering/ dealing with queries, both face to face and via the telephone and email
£4.50 per hour
35 hours worked over Monday – Friday
Minimum achieved Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Adequate computer knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Detail orientated
- Enthusiastic with a professional manner
- Ability to work within a team and build relationships
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.