Caffe Cinos Swanley is owned and run by Leyla & Paul and our friendly team based in Swanley Kent.
We pride ourselves on serving food that goes that little bit further in taste and quality.
We have a comfortable café for customers wishing to eat in house but also offer a catering service for parties & special occasions
We have a traditional coffee maker, which serves an authentic espresso coffee as well as the full range coffee styles.
We offer a delivery service and will deliver a variety of hot and cold foods to local businesses.
Description of Vacancy
Trainee Cook wanted for a busy cafe, we are looking for a driven individual to join our team at Caffe Cinos. The job will provide full kitchen training from cooking, food storage, ordering and health & safety in the kitchen.
The successful candidate will be punctual, reliable, eager to learn, quick thinking and bring their own ideas to the kitchen.
Looking for someone that is interested in catering.
The company will provide a t-shirt and apron but the applicant must wear black trousers. You will also require suitable and comfortable footwear.
You will be required to:
- Supply the highest level of customer service
- Prepare, cook and serve any food delegated as your responsibility ensuring that agreed standards are met at all times
- Maintain work areas to a clean, hygienic and tidy state
- Be flexible in your work and assist colleagues when required
- Help wash and dry kitchen pots and utensils and ensure proper storage
- Recognise the importance of good stock management/control
- Protect the control of wastage, stock rotation and portion control
- Comply with the COSHH and safety requirements relating to chemicals and equipment used in the kitchen
- Adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations
- General deep cleaning
- Taking payments and using the till
- Taking orders from customers
- Answering the phone
- Managing deliveries and storing foodstuffs/ goods appropriately
£3.50 per hour
- An keen interest in food preparation
- Must be well presented clean hair tied back no nail varnish or jewellery
- Ability to take instruction and work as part of a team
- Willing to learn and show commitment
- Must be able to communicate with customers
- Able to relate to staff at all levels
- Clear communicator,
- Confident telephone skills
- Must be punctual
- Hardworking and reliable
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.