Sales & Administration Apprentice
BWR Media offers the Motorsport industry digital and print advertising opportunities across its three brands. MotorsportDays.com: A track and test day listings website. PRO-AM Annual: A publication produced for those involved in the sport. MotorsportDays.LIVE: An annual industry event, held at Silverstone’s Wing Facility and famed international circuit.
Description of Vacancy
EXCITING SALES ROLE IN MOTORSPORT
Are you looking to pursue a career in motorsport? BWR Media is expanding and looking for someone to join us in our quest to take our online events and publishing dreams to the next level in the fast-paced world of European motorsport.
For the last five years, BWR Media has organised Europe’s largest portal to the track day and test day market through their website MotorpsortDays.com. In addition to the popular website, we also produce three magazines a year for the motorsport industry with a readership of 40,000 highly engaged motorsport enthusiasts and professionals.
We have big plans in the pipeline and are now looking for an enthusiastic sales person to join the team and work alongside the company director. An experience of web-based and publishing sales would be an advantage - whether in motorsport or the automotive industry - even better if you’re a racing fan yourself.
- Maintaining and increasing sales revenues on our products
- Achieving targets and goals set
- Research into building a strong potential client database
- Presenting the product in a structured professional way, both via face-to-face and telephone meetings
- Representing BWR Media at multiple trade shows across Europe
- Strong written and spoken English language skills are essential as the role requires building, maintaining and creating new client relationships
- This role reports to the Company Director
- Benefits include being on track and part of the exciting motorsport industry
WORKING IN SMALL TEAM WILL ALSO INCLUDE:
- Day to day admin including data entry
- Working together to keep our social media presence current and look to increate audience
- Mon – Fri 08:45 – 17:00 (1 hour lunch unpaid)
- 35 hours a week paid : additional hours may be needed on publication deadline period
- Close working environment
- Occasional overseas and weekend work with advanced warning
- 20 days holiday then 1 day extra a year for every completed year of service up to 25 days
- Fast paced working environment
- Reporting directly to both Company Director and Marketing Manager
- Great telephone manner
- Very good written English
- Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of Adobe package would be advantageous
- Creative thinker
- Team player
- Sense of humour
GSCE English and Maths Grade C or higher or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.