Trainee Warehouse Operative
Aalco is the UK's largest independent multi-metals stockholder. Our extensive inventory includes Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Copper, Brass and Bronze in all semi-finished forms, covering a wide range of grades/alloys, shapes and sizes – both industry standards and special or bespoke items for particular applications or individual customers.
We have 18 service centres around the country which offer a reliable and on-time delivery service anywhere in the UK. Swanley services customers in Kent, Sussex, Surrey and SE London. Offer the all-important 'local' service mentality.
Description of Vacancy
A great opportunity has opened up to join the warehousing team at this successful firm. You will work in a busy fast-paced environment. The successful applicant will be trained to use fork lifts and receive the accreditation and licence. You'll be the working with a team who enjoy being successful and using their initiative to get the job done.
Duties included within this role will be:-
- Assist with the unloading of Lorries
- Stacking and managing physical storage of products within the warehouse
- Organise and catalogue deliveries and update electronic records
- Assist other members of staffs with duties
- Prepare Orders for delivery
- Carry out regular stock takes and advise of low stock
- Processing goods in/out of the warehouse
- Packaging goods for delivery
- Data inputting
- Printing delivery labels
- Packing pallets for delivery
- Rack organising
- Machinery operation to include Guillotine, Saws and Coating
£140.00 per week
Shift work of 40 hrs a week over 5 days. Monday to Friday.
- Hard Working
- Computer skills
- Real team player
- Ability to work in a very manual environment
- Able to use own initiative
- Keen to learn
- Can do attitude
- Good work ethic
- Good attention to detail
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards