Media Office Assistant
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the team in MotorSport Vision’s media office, supporting PR and marketing activity across the group’s five race circuits and the PalmerSport driving event at Bedford Autodrome.
Main purpose of the job
To assist with the department’s role of promoting events at all of its circuits and securing media coverage through issuing press releases and developing relationships with journalists at national and local level. Building the profile and awareness of MSV, its circuits and activities is also key to the role. MSV’s media office comprises a small and incredibly busy team that supports the PR needs of the entire business so its members must be adaptable, flexible and proactive.
- To be responsible for social media posting (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) across multiple accounts plus responding to direct messages and comments
- To help devise innovative PR campaigns using traditional and social media
- To contribute to the department’s editorial output, writing programme features and marketing copy for emails and brochures
- To maintain the department’s photo library
- To manage the MSV media accreditation system, sending out passes and tickets and answering enquiries
- To update and maintain logs of all press coverage and evaluating Press Office output for individual event
General responsibilities – PR
- To assist with on-venue press facilities at weekend events across all circuits
- To assist with the organisation and co-ordination of media events such as launches, major announcements, press conferences and photo calls
- To write press releases and web stories relating to events promoted by the group
- Work closely with colleagues in the Media and PR Department to ensure the office runs smoothly and efficiently
- Press office admin including answering phones
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Some knowledge of the media industry
- Minimum A level standard of education (or equivalent)
- Good general motorsport knowledge and interest, on two and four wheels
- Excellent writing skills and good grammar and spelling
- Good organisational skills and time management
This role would suit a university leaver or second job hunter with a passion for motorsport, solid writing skills and a desire to work in a challenging and exciting environment.
Please apply in writing with CV, stating salary expectations and notice period, to: Katie Platt, MotorSport Vision Centre, Brands Hatch, Fawkham, Longfield, Kent DA3 8NG
Or click on "APPLY"
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES