Senior .NET Developer
Senior .NET Developer
Up to £55k
The senior developer will play a key pivotal role in the design and implementation of products, applications, websites and tools both external and internal.
You will assist the product manager and technical product owner in turning product requirements into the appropriate technical tasks for the development team and producing sensible estimates for these tasks.
You must keep abreast of new developments across the IT industry and act as a champion for best practice within the development area. The senior developer will promote better working practices and the adoption of tools that improve the efficiency and/or quality of development within the team.
The senior developer will be responsible for the design, implementation, configuration and testing of large and complex modules that comprise a product. They will also provide a mentoring role for peers and juniors within the team and across the company, actively seeking opportunities to share their knowledge and experience.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must be a highly motivated, goal orientated team player with some strong commercial experience behind you. It is essential that you have demonstrable experience to develop software in
It’s highly desirable, although not essential, that you are also able to code in AngularJS and have experience in Microsoft Azure/AWS. You should also have a full understanding of the software development lifecycle including Agile methodologies. It would be highly advantageous if you have experience of JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo, SQL, Oracle, OpenLayers, Node.js, Selenium Webdriver, C++ / ActiveX or Test Driven Development.
Main tasks of the job:
· Implementation and/or configuration of modules / components that comprise the product. Includes:
· Take a driving role in the full development cycle through design, construction, testing and deployment.
· Promoting and following good development practice, implementing appropriate methodologies when required.
· Promoting a positive work ethic, demonstrating a willingness to work beyond your own sphere of expertise in order to deliver projects on time when and where necessary
· Creation, review and sign-off of technical specifications, design and analysis documentation of modules that comprise an application or product.
· Ensuring that all completed code / configuration has been sufficiently tested and reaches or exceeds the quality expected, including implementation of repeatable test automation modules where possible.
· Supporting the project management and analysis functions within the team providing detailed technical information where required. Includes:
· Assisting with the co-ordination of development tasks for larger developments/requirements where multiple developers are working to achieve the requirement
· Monitoring your individual tasks and providing appropriate feedback to the project manager on progress
· Creation of best effort estimates of the complexity and amount of work involved in aspects of projects where they are knowledgeable or considered an expert
· Taking an active part in project meetings, offering constructive and honest feedback of positive and negative aspects of the project.
· Reviewing the work of other developers within the team and where appropriate, providing guidance and mentoring. Includes:
· Organising and conducting peer and junior code reviews
· Organising and conducting knowledge sharing talks / sessions on areas of expertise
· Suggestions and demonstrations for new tools, techniques and approaches that will raise the knowledge bar within the team, ensuring continual critique and improvement.
· Supporting other functions both within the team and across the Group on matters where the senior developer is considered an expert.
25 days annual leave per annum
Access to Medical Cash plan and/or Private Medical Insurance (depending on benefit level)
Company pension scheme
Discretionary Bonus Scheme
Life insurance cover
Critical Illness Cover
Other benefits include;
Free tea/coffee/weekly fresh fruit
Childcare voucher scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Apply for Senior .NET Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly