Ever since it was founded in 1976 by the Taittinger Family, Louvre Hotels Group has been experiencing continual growth. Starting out as a French business, the company has gradually extended beyond the country’s borders, as it did in 2009 after its merger with Golden Tulip Hospitality and its substantial portfolio of hotels across the world.
In February 2015, Chinese Group Jin Jiang International purchased Louvre Hotels Group. Thanks to this merger between Asia and Europe, the entity now boasts a network that currently operates about 3,000 hotels worldwide.
Description of Vacancy
To ensure the smooth running, profitable and efficient organization within the kitchen and to provide high quality food at all times.
- To organize, manage and carry out the day to day food preparation, service and efficient running of all areas of the kitchen
- To ensure a high standard of food is served at all times
- To maintain a high standard of health, safety & hygiene
In charge of:
- Correct uniform: Hats/ Clean Jackets/ Clean trousers/ Clean Apron/ Sensible Shoes Shaved before each service
- To carry out the day to day food preparation, service and assist the
- Efficient running of the kitchen.
- To operate the grill for service preparing items according to customer
- Requirements and fiches techniques.
- Receiving, checking and putting away deliveries in accordance with food
- Hygiene regulations.
- Maintaining daily stock rotation.
- Maintaining kitchen equipment in accordance with schedule.
- Daily, weekly and monthly cleaning.
- Clean the work service after each task, brush the char-grill during and after the service as well as the 6 burners.
- Wash your hands after each task.
- To comply with all health and safety and current legislation.
- Check buffets before and during each service.
To participate to the monthly General Meeting
- 5 days a week typically, could include weekends
- Shifts: morning (6 or 6.30am to 3pm) – evening (3 or 6pm to 11pm)
- Up to 40 hours a week although paid overtime could come up if wanted
- Minimum wage as starting salary but could change quickly (paid by the minute, ie time effectively worked not as per rota)
- 30 min lunch / dinner paid (when working mini 6 hrs)
- Experience in kitchen
- Experience in HACCP
- Knowledge in Health & Safety
- Excellent presentation
- Able to communicate with people at all levels
- Able to work under pressure
- Team worker
- Flexibility about working hours
- General neatness and tidiness
- Good attention to detail
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.