Sales & Telesales Assistant
This company is a wholesaler of speciality food and drink products which are sold to customers nationwide.
Description of Vacancy
This company are looking for an apprentice to join their dynamic sales team. You will be working with the team, dealing with enquiries and taking orders from their friendly and established customers, as well as upselling products to increase customer basket value.
In this role you will be responsible for managing incoming and outgoing sales calls. Responding to customer queries or concerns.
Taking and processing orders and making calls to our customer database each day for their weekly orders.
You will be responsible for the monthly target, ensuring targets are met and updating the target board daily.
Your role will include an element of upselling which will be commission driven. Promoting new products into each account to increase their basket value. Furthermore, you will be expected to identify new prospects and develop and convert new customers.
It is important that you communicate fully with all business functions including Buying, Operations, Production and Accounts to ensure that we offer a customer centric approach to sales.
Duties will include:
- Taking inbound orders over the phone and via e-mail as well as making calls to existing customers each day for their weekly orders
- Responding for both telephone and e-mail enquiries and providing general customer service
- Upselling new product lines
- Identifying and converting new customers
- Building and developing relationships with customers
- Raising customer credit notes for returned products
- Assisting the accounts department with chasing outstanding invoices and receiving payments
- Assisting in the warehouse to support end of day completion
- Update the daily targets on the daily target board and forward to the directors at the end of each day
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm (40 hours)
This includes paid breaks as follows:
15 minute morning break
30 minute lunch break
15 minute afternoon break
- Confident Microsoft Office experience
- Exceptional communicator
- Friendly and confident telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skill with the ability to prioritise
- Client focused with the ability to quickly create and maintain positive working relationships
- Confident working under pressure and prioritising workload
GCSE grade A* to D in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.