Advanced Ambulance Care Assistants
Kent Central Ambulance Service Ltd continue to Expand.
Kent Central Ambulance Service Ltd is a company with whom you can reach your potential. We are a rapidly expanding highly successful company, working in partnership with the NHS to provide Patient Transport and High dependency Services.
The service KCAS provide is 24/7 over 365 days a year therefore shifts will vary in accordance with the Industry we operate in.
We are looking to recruit Advanced Ambulance Care Assistants to service our Kent and London Contracts. You will be responsible for delivering high quality care and safe transportation for a range of non-emergency patients from their homes to hospital and clinic appointments through to more High Dependency transfers such as Cardiac patients. This will require an HDU level qualification such as FPOSi, FREC Level 3 or equivalent and a current Blue-Light qualification is desirable but not essential.
You should have excellent communication skills, be a team player and able to deal with a range of people, often at their most vulnerable, have good interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. An empathetic nature is essential for this role in the caring profession. A clean and full driving licence is an essential criterion for this position.
Salary is £9.00 per hour and a company pension, we also offer 28 days holiday per year via our zero hours contract.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- HDU Transfer of Patients requiring the appropriate care such as monitoring
- Transport patients to and from treatment centres
- Deliver Out of Hours Patient Transport Service journeys
- Deliver Extra Contractual journeys, long distance and cross boundary journeys including often working beyond normal shift times, as needed for such journeys
- Drive all types of approved existing and future ambulance service vehicles, in accordance with the laid down standards of KCAS and within the Road Traffic Laws
- Plan routes to ensure the most economical journey times
- Ensure the welfare and safety of patients whilst in the care of KCAS commensurate with your level of training
- You will be responsible for recording information accurately using computerised systems or hard copy as required
- Maintain patient confidentiality and dignity at all times
- Ensure vehicles are fully equipped, functioning and ready for use at commencement of each shift in accordance with KCAS procedures
- Maintain the cleanliness of your designated vehicle throughout your shift and ensure the routine daily checks of designated vehicles are carried out prior to deployment
- Clean, maintain and ensure proper care of any equipment, vehicles, uniform and any other equipment provided by KCAS in accordance with Infection Prevention and Control Procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude and public image at all times
- Any other duty as reasonably assigned by the management
The company is committed to safeguarding adults and children; therefore the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended). The successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please telephone 01233 638999 in the first instance