Apprentice Adult Care Worker
The Garden of England Homecare provide personalised homecare and daycare services for the elderly and disabled, who need physical or emotional support. They are a well-established daycare and homecare agency, based in Kent. At The Garden of England Homecare, They offer comprehensive daycare and homecare services for the elderly, who need support and companionship. They also take care of individuals with disabilities or those who are suffering from a disease, from personal care to meal preparations. The daycare centre offers an interactive, fun-filled environment to meet an individual’s companionship needs.
Description of Vacancy
Under the supervision of the Agency Manager or other competent person, assist in the safe and efficient delivery of personal, practical and social care to the Agency’s clients. Observes at all times the code of conduct for social care workers as published by the General Social Care Council.
- Care to clients
- Support Services
Duties and responsibilities:
Care to Clients
- Assists in the assessment procedures for new clients
- Reviews and becomes familiar with the Personal Care Plan for the client, including: Personal hygiene requirements, management of incontinence, bathing bed or bathroom, care of pressure areas, looking after skin, teeth, mouth, hair and nails, positioning and moving of immobile clients
- Provides assistance with toileting and the cleaning of commodes
- Assists client with physical activity as needed eg dressing, undressing, walking, sitting and passive exercises
- Positions client correctly in bed or chair
- Assists client with eating and drinking
- Supports the community nurse in delivering care to a dying client, offering support to relatives and friends
- Actively participates in the delivery of support services as identified in the clients Personal care Plan, including: food and drink preparation, laundry, general cleaning and housekeeping, social, leisure and recreational activities, talking with clients, accompanying the client on trips, shopping, assisting with management of his/her personal affairs, collection pension or benefits, paying bills, helping client to maintain contact with friends and family
- Maintain accurate records in respect of care given, tasks undertaken and monies transacted
- Participates in meetings, reviews etc where the care worker’s direct knowledge of the care of the client is an essential element in the process
Key Personal Responsibilities:
- Carrying out duties to promote independence, dignity and respect of the client.
- Protecting the confidentiality of all information relating to a client or a client’s family.
- Carrying out duties at all times in a courteous, caring and sympathetic manner
- Carrying out duties at all times in a manner which has appropriate regard to health, safety and welfare of themselves and others
- Working with and communicating information about the condition (or change in condition) and welfare of clients to relatives and carers, other agencies and professionals in a timely manner
- Respecting the beliefs and dignity of the clients and their relatives at all times
All training will be provided.
£5.50 per hour
Minimum of 30 hours per week – hours will be varied, to be discussed. Requirement to work every other weekend.
Ability to understand (through oral or written communication) a simple set of instructions, and if necessary, relay to others in the team
- Cheerful, outgoing personality
- Interest in the care and welfare of others
- Ability to handle difficult situations with empathy and consideration
- Ability to retain confidential Information
- Good team player
Due to the nature of the role, applicants should be aged 18+ and will be asked to complete a DBS check and provide two references prior to appointment.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.