Apprentice Customer Service Assistant
Bumble Beez is Thanet’s fantastic new indoor family entertainment centre.
At Bumble Beez we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. Our staff are trained in disability awareness and inclusive play, and our equipment is designed to be inclusive for ALL children of ALL abilities.
At our sister site, Ship Shape cafe, we aim to deliver a unique experience from our charismatic site on the harbour and ensure that all visitors feel at home and welcome.
Description of Vacancy
Working within a popular leisure site in central Ramsgate this is a perfect and varied opportunity for somebody looking to develop their customer service skills.
Bumble Beez Family Entertainment Centre is looking for a keen and enthusiastic apprentice to join their busy team and help to ensure that all customers enjoy their visit.
As the Apprentice Customer Service Assistant you will be playing an active role in ensuring that all visitors enjoy their experience, providing a friendly meet and greet service and helping to cater for any food and beverage needs.
Full training and on-going support will be given. You may occasionally be asked to provide cover from our sister site, the Ship Shape café on Ramsgate harbour.
- Receptionist duties, including taking telephone calls from the general public and answering queries
- Taking payments from the general public and allowing them entry into the venue
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Explaining the menu and providing information on each item / ingredients where required.
- Serving hot and cold drinks and snacks
- Maintaining a clean and presentable working area
- Clearing away tables and resetting them for the next customer
- All cleaning activities as required by the Management Team (including toilets)
- Transporting food to and from the kitchen to customer tables
- All other tasks that contribute to the successful day to day running of the venue
£4.50 per hour ( £135 per week)
30 hours per week worked in shifts across Monday – Sunday. Shifts can take place between 7am – 9pm
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Organising and planning.
Minimum grade A-D (or equivalent) in GCSE English & Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards