Apprentice Nursery Assistant
I provide a caring, fun and stimulating environment offering a wide range of activities including arts, crafts, messy play and baking. I also attend several toddler groups and visit play areas, parks, farms and lots of day trips especially during the summer months. I am a member of Leeds Castle, Kent Life and the Hop Farm.
Description of Vacancy
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector.
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities.
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented.
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner.
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
3 days a week TBC 7:30 am to 6pm (7:30 start is essential but the 6 pm finish could be earlier)
Total hours per week: 31.50
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking. It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised.
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment.
- Written, verbal and listening skills.
Friendly and outgoing with a willingness to learn
- Passionate about providing equal opportunity family centred childcare
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with a wide range of people
- Warm, caring and approachable
- Open to change and a team player
A*-D Maths and English or equivalent.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.