Business Admin Apprentice (Receptionist)
We are a small independent physiotherapy and acupuncture treatment company based in the Medway towns, Sittingbourne and Maidstone.
Description of Vacancy
We are looking for an apprentice who has an interest in pursuing a career in administration and would like to work within a small independent but growing friendly company.
Your main role will be carrying out reception duties from which you will progress onto other duties dealing with all aspects of business administration including booking appointments for patients, insurance referrals, NHS referrals, reports, liaising with and supporting other members of the admin team to ensure tasks are carried out and diary management.
Day to day duties will be vary, but some of the main tasks included within the role are:
- Dealing with telephone and e-mail enquiries in a timely and appropriate manner
- Help open & close the clinics (inc Saturdays)
- Registering of patients and booking appointments
- Greeting all visitors and liaise with them throughout their visit in an appropriate, helpful and sympathetic manner and seeking guidance and direction when needed, in order to give appropriate appointment/advice
- Administrative support including general administrative duties e.g. photocopying, scanning, running errands, ordering stock.
- Assisting with inputting and retrieval of data and working reports as required.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and smooth running of the clinics
- Provide cover for colleagues absence
Paid 37.5 hours a week, (5 days a week).
35.5 hours will be in clinic and 2 hours per week will be study hours at home.
Monday 12.00am to 20.00pm (7.5 hours) Rainham
Tuesday 08.45am to 15.45pm (6.5 hours) Rainham
Wednesday 09.00am to 17.30pm (8 hours) Rainham
Thursday 08.00am to 12.00pm (4 hours) Rainham
Friday 08.15am to 16.15pm (7.5 hours) S’Bourne
Saturday 08.00am to 12.00pm (4 hours) S’Bourne
Sunday RDO (Clinics are closed)
- To be confident speaking to patients on the telephone
- To be literate in English, Maths to GCSE grade C or above
- Have a good knowledge of ICT
- Have an understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Be friendly, positive and enthusiastic and hard working
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be able to work as part of a team
Confident, smart, professional hard working. Able to work on their own initiative.
5 GCSE Grade C or above including English and Maths or equivalent.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the NVQ Business Administration Level 2 Diploma (QCF)*, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.