Financial Planning Manager
REPORTS TO: Group Director of Finance and ICT
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To oversee the financial planning function in conjunction with the Group Director of Finance and ICT (FD). To take a lead role in developing systems for financial and business planning for Partnership Support Group (PSG) and all its subsidiaries, producing reports and projections to inform business decisions.
To undertake financial appraisals for housing developments, transforming care and other revenue or capital projects to ascertain their financial viability.
To produce costings for new business opportunities, review the financial viability of existing business, undertake re-pricing exercises to deliver better value for money.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To manage, plan, prioritise and monitor the workload of staff, ensuring that they carry out their duties effectively and efficiently both individually and as a team. To provide such supervision as is necessary and to seek to develop their skills, whether personal or technical and by whatever training means is most appropriate. To foster a team-based and flexible working environment overseeing all day to day activities to deliver customer focused services.
SCOPE OF JOB
- To develop and maintain effective procedures and documentation regarding tendering, financial modelling and other analytical processes throughout the organisation. To improve the quality of such processes and procedures wherever possible, ensuring effective liaison is maintained with operational directorates and central service departments. To continually challenge and question business assumptions to ensure that these are robust and appropriate for the market environment and tender specifications.
- To manage, develop and improve the Group’s financial appraisal, and business planning models to ensure that they are fit for purpose, fully documented and consistently applied. To lead the design of financial modelling templates.
- To produce costings for new business and undertake sensitivity analysis to measure impact on the long term financial business plan.
- To work in partnership with the Group Financial Controller to produce costings for spot contracts, individual budgets, individual service funds etc. to ensure that the impact of any changes to existing contracts are reflected in the business plan.
- Provide analysis to support Group Directors in assessing business performance and evaluating options for decision making, providing financial projections with graphical illustrations to support numerical information.
- To undertake research, benchmarking and value for money (VFM) exercises as required. Develop VFM metrics and KPIs for the various business activities undertaken by the organisation. Report on these on a quarterly basis. Promote a culture of VFM across the organisation and recommend VFM initiatives to the FD.
- To investigate the reasons for movements in the financial business plans and provide appropriate explanations to the FD.
- To oversee the production of costings for tenders, undertake sensitivity analysis to measure the impact on the long term financial plans and cash flows.
- The post holder will use own initiative to provide solutions to queries raised by colleagues from within and outside of the department and empower staff to do the same.
MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
- Revenue budgets as delegated relating to the Financial Planning.
- To take “ownership” of the systems in use by PSG and its subsidiaries for financial planning and business modelling. To utilise other IT systems, including MS Office and email, as required for the efficient performance of the key tasks. To keep existing systems and tools under review and develop/source alternative systems for financial planning in response to business growth and/or diversification.
INFLUENCE AND IMPACT
- To produce update reports for the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee. To attend and present reports at Board and Committee meetings as and when required.
- To maintain good relationships with other senior managers and staff throughout the organisation and to consult with them as necessary and provide such training and advice on financial matters as may be appropriate. To obtain such information as may be necessary to carry out the duties of the post.
- To ensure that PSG Equality and Diversity; Health and Safety and other relevant policies are applied in all aspects of work.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties consistent with the post of Financial Planning Manager.
CCAB Professional Qualification ie ACCA; ACA; CIMA etc
Graduate – BSc. in Economics, Statistics or related field
Able to analyse complex information, understand the implications and recommend action
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical people
Ability to prioritise and multi-task
Minimum two years recent experience in management and business financial planning including:
Business development, financial analysis and modelling
Advanced level spreadsheet design including macros
Managing and motivating a team, including planning, prioritising and monitoring the workload of others to achieve deadlines
Minimum two years’ experience of using a major accounting software package
Proven experience of business planning
Experience of trouble shooting, problem solving and analysing information Experience of managing change in a similar type of organisation
Ability to contribute ideas on important financial and strategic issues
Ability to work on own initiative, self-organising/prioritisation
Effective at managing own and staff time to deliver required outcomes
Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
Apply for Financial Planning Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly