Senior Support Worker
Senior Residential Care Worker – Ashford, Kent
Full Time - 39 Hours per week and Sleep in shifts
Salary: £23,708 - £26,276 whilst training + sleeping in duties bonus £32.94
Are you looking for a rewarding role with excellent career progression opportunities?
About Caldecott Foundation:
The Caldecott Foundation provides specialist residential care, fostering families and education for disadvantaged, vulnerable and traumatised young people in the UK.
We are a growing organisation and are opening a new Boarding provision!
We are recruiting for caring individuals who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people; encouraging life skills and helping the young people to develop their social skills through play and education, whilst having fun.
We pride ourselves in providing our children and young people with exciting opportunities and an outstanding environment to live in.
- Provide a safe environment and support for young people.
- Assist in the educational, social, emotional and behavioural development of children/young people under the direction and guidance of the Caldecott Foundation’s Management and support.
- Support, monitor and evaluate the children/young people’s emotional and behavioural difficulties and help develop their social skills.
- In the absence of the Registered Manager/Deputy Registered Managers, to ensure staff work in accordance with the home’s Statement of Purpose
- The successful candidate should hold The Diploma Level 3 Children and Young People Workforce or equivalent
- At least 18 months experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting.
- Minimum of 1-years’ experience of staff supervision
- Driving License
- We provide accredited training including a
- We actively encourage career progression to enable staff to reach their full potential.
- We can offer a range of routes to progress your career including management and leadership, social work, education and therapy roles.
- Workshop Programmes provided.
- 30 days Paid Holidays (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 5% Pension Scheme.
Closing Date – Friday 12th October 2018
Interview Date – TBC
If you are successful at a formal interview you will be invited to one of the homes to meet staff and young people who also play an active role in the Foundations recruitment process
The Caldecott Foundation is committed to safeguarding children.
We follow safer recruitment guidelines and all appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references.
If you feel you have the personal skills and energy to work in one of our outstanding homes please go to the Foundations website or contact our Recruitment Officer Bethany Cook-Naisbett by phone on 01303 815639 for a full job description and person specification and an application form
Please note: we aim to contact shortlisted applicants as soon as possible.
Registered Charity No. 307889
Apply for Senior Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly