Senior Civil Engineer
Job Summary A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Engineering Team.
You will develop and deliver large and complex multi-disciplinary port development and maintenance projects from inception to completion in live operational environments.
In this role you will:
• Prepare designs, specifications, drawings, risk and environmental assessments for the execution of civil & structural engineering and other related works which are to be carried out by contract
• Design and prepare specifications and drawings for maintenance work and items of new work to be carried out by the Board’s Engineering Division as required
• Act as Project Manager under NEC ECC Contracts and as Employer under the NEC PSC Contracts
• Act in the capacity of Principal Designer when appointed by the General Manager
• Assess Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers against safety and quality competency criteria
• Liaise with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project
• Manage the activities of the Board’s inspecting staff to ensure contractual compliance
• Ensure site records are maintained to enable works to be measures and evaluated
• Furnish reports, regularly for financial and progress report on contract works as and when required
• Provide estimates and feasibility studies for proposed new schemes and alterations to existing structures
Skills and Qualifications :
• BSc/BEng Civil Engineering or above
• Chartered Status and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE) or equivalent
• Demonstrable understanding of CDM regulations & Health & Safety Legislation
• Good knowledge with MS Office including MS Project
• Full UK licence and use of own vehicle essential
• Competitive salary
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
Apply for Senior Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly