The Finance and Planning Department provides a comprehensive financial and management accounting function for the Cathedral and a number of associated and related charities; it also partners other departments in their business planning.
This new role will support the Director of Finance and Planning in creating a culture of strong financial control and business planning across the organisation to help ensure long term financial sustainability. In addition to being the lead in financial and management accounting, this role will maintain the organisation’s newly created master plan of projects and activities. You will work with the Director of Finance and Planning to drive and assess new opportunities which will include data analysis and building pricing models to maximise income and drive down costs. Other aspects will include to manage the Cathedral’s finance team on a day to day basis, maintain the accounts for a number of small associated charities and also to be a focal point for GDPR compliance.
- be educated to Degree level / NVQ 5 or equivalent;
- be a holder of a recognized accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with extensive post qualification experience;
- have hands on experience of producing management accounts, project accounts, forecasts and KPIs;
- have solid budgeting and proven analytical skills;
- have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and explain financial data to senior colleagues and to non-financial managers;
- have proven people, time management and IT skills.
For full details and to apply, please visit our website:
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Thursday 22nd November 2018