Customer Services Advisor Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate)
Ashford Borough Council is an exciting place to work and is firmly committed to promoting equal opportunity for all people with the right mix of talent and skills. We welcome applications from candidates across all sections of the community.
Rapid on-going growth and investment has turned Ashford into one of the UK’s most prosperous areas with new businesses, leisure opportunities, retail developments, first-class transport links and quality new housing.
Description of Vacancy
To provide a comprehensive and in depth enquiry service for all the Council’s customers, attaining the best possible standards of customer care.
- To receive and assist customers visiting, telephoning, emailing and corresponding with the Council, or its partners, to a high standard of customer care, resolving 88% of customer enquiries without referral to back office staff. To deliver against targets outlined within the ICT annual service plan.
- To deal with all Customer Contact cases, promptly and proactively, taking the case as far as possible to conclusion on the initial enquiry, exercising judgement on when each case requires escalation to the back office in accordance with service level agreements. Taking ownership for customer queries referred to the back office and following the case through to completion.
- To operate as rostered in the Customer Contact Centre, Customer Call Centre, providing cover across these services as daily demand requires.
- To use comprehensive IT systems to manage enquiries, provide information and access administrative systems in back office departments.
- To undertake any follow-up administrative work or system input tasks arising from individual caseload.
- To be aware of other services which may be associated with the enquiry subject, offering additional information or services as relevant.
- To ensure that visitor/caller/corresponder has contact names and information regarding any further action associated with enquiry.
- To undertake regular training to expand and update knowledge of Council operations.
- To verify customer documentation in accordance with the verification framework process.
- To process cheque, credit and/or debit payments made to the council and offer financial receipts to clients as required.
- Ensure that forms, leaflets and documents are kept in stock and are current for your allocated service area of responsibility.
- To ensure stat register planning application files are current and any decided applications are removed from the files.
- To issue controlled stationery to customers, after completion of relevant application forms and payments made (where required), ensuring logs are completed to provide a full audit trail.
- To undertake any additional duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required from time to time.
- To promote equality of opportunity in employment and service provision, and eliminate unlawful discrimination.
- To recognise that people have different abilities to contribute to the Council’s goals and performance and to take necessary action to give everyone a chance to contribute and compete on equal terms.
- To participate as required in the Council’s Emergency Planning operations including undertaking training and exercising as directed
- To participate in the response to an emergency this may involve duties outside your normal job description and at times outside your contracted hours.
- To participate in the recovery stage following the emergency.
- To ensure that data quality and integrity is maintained and that data is processed in accordance with Council policy, the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act, and other legislation.
16 – 17 year old - £152.25 per week
18 – 20 year old - £211.75 per week
21 – 24 year old - £263.55 per week
25 and over - £279.30 per week
35 hours worked per week
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Basic IT Skills
- Quick learner
- Pays attention to detail
- Keen to learn new skills and meet new people
GCSE in English and Maths (Grade C) or equivalent.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.