Apprentice Sales Executive (Level 2/Intermediate)
Tandem Media Ltd is a third party outsource sales house providing publishers, trade associations, member organisations and event organisers with a tailored and bespoke sales service which allows them to fully maximise the revenue earning potential of all of their assets and collateral.
We currently have contracts selling the advertising and events for consumer publications across the Classic Car portfolio with Kelsey Media and CHP for the titles Classic Car Buyer, Classic Car Mart, Classics Monthly, MG Enthusiast, Triumph World, Classic Jaguar, Performance Japanese and Bromley Pageant etc. as well as Business to Business with The Negotiator and a Trade Association for the Horticultural Trades Association.
Description of Vacancy
- Good at selling?
- Thrive on working to targets and earning commission
- Self-motivated with a drive to succeed?
- Able to use your own initiative and push yourself to go that extra mile?
Third party sales house Tandem Media Ltd. is looking for a target driven individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is self-motivated, goal-driven, resilient and hungry to win business across established, market leading Classic Car portfolio including Classic Car Buyer, Classic Car Mart, Classics Monthly to name just a few. The successful candidate will have to possess the ambition, personality and temperament to work in the fast-paced world of media sales.
With clear objectives from day one, your aim is to maximise advertising revenue by generating leads through cold calling and managing an existing client base of advertisers. You will be expected to maintain a high level of effective calls, generating sound sales leads and closing deals, converting into revenue.
You will need to show confidence on the phone and a passion for sales, demonstrating effective questioning techniques and strong objection handling skills.
To achieve a set target for your product through the retention and growth of an existing client base and the successful closing of new business opportunities.
- Maximize revenues from an existing client base
- Actively source and close new leads
- Ensure you are responsible for generating maximum revenue from your client base in accordance with targets/leads.
- Ensure all agreed activity and performance KPI’s are reached within the agreed timeframes
- Maintain contact with key decision makers within your client base
- Proactively account manage; developing strong relationships and keeping clients up to date with initiatives
- Provide a professional, courteous and effective service to both external and internal customers
- Occasional visits to customers, trade shows, events, as the title and client requires
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of your product, market and competitor products/positioning.
- Monitor sales progress through market share and project sales on a weekly/monthly basis for your assigned client base.
- Ensure effective use of appropriate and most up to date sales/market information including reader surveys, reader and market research studies
Hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
Refreshment is one hour at lunch time
Holiday entitlement per year is 20 days + bank holidays
Desired skills & experience:
Subject knowledge is preferred but not essential
Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
The ability to multi task is essential
Commercially minded, determined, creative, organised, personable, good communicator - in person, over the phone and email – a tenacious negotiator, focused, driven and resilient with a positive attitude.
Confident and Proactive personality
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.