Apprentice Office Administrator (Level 2/Intermediate)
Labour sourcing and staff placement for specialist industries, Infocus Resources work with some of the largest names in the rail, highway, construction and civil engineering sectors. Our strong in-house team of experienced professionals is spread across two branches, giving us nationwide capability. Each of our team members is a specialist in their own field, providing a bespoke and exceptional level of service to our clients, helping us foster excellent and long-standing client relationships.
Description of Vacancy
This opportunity is placed within a labour supply company with prospects for advancement.
The vacancy is for an enthusiastic junior office administrator within this organisation. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can complement our team of professionals by meeting and greeting visitors and ensuring telephones are answered, the roles involves supporting staff and management as and when. You will be required to assist in the office and have opportunities to work individually and as a team member. The varied duties of this opportunity provide a wealth of experience for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone to complete general office duties and to offer support to our team. Some of the duties included will be:
- General reception duties
- Meet and greet visitors in a professional manner
- Manage registration of visitors and carry out checks
- Answer phones in a polite and courteous manner and pass messages in a timely manner
- Manage stationary and storage cupboards.
- Support colleagues, and the management team
- Keep electronic filing up to date
- Keep office environment and desk in a tidy state
- Assist and maintain health & safety records and procedures for the company.
- Assist other members of the team when required.
- Complete RA-MS ( risk assessments & Method statements ) when required.
- Typing of routine correspondence and reports.
£4.50 per hour
40 hours a week, over 5 days. 1 hour of lunch
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Excellent attention to detail with high standards
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good level of ICT – Microsoft packages
- Ability to demonstrate patience and empathy
- Ability to work professionally and respect confidentiality
- Focused approach to work
- Individual and Team team working
- Resourcefulness – looking for solutions
- Writing clearly and concisely
- Confident – determination and persistence
- Work ethic including high standards
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Well-spoken and presentable
- Problem solving skills
Minimum achieved Grade C in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.