Apprentice Healthcare Assistant (Level 2/Intermediate)
Rusthall Lodge is an independent single site home governed by a board of trustees, we are a not for profit home with charitable status. Rusthall Lodge is a 69 bedded home providing elderly care for residents who need a range of support
Description of Vacancy
Delivering all aspects of personal care assisting with meals and fluids, changing and making beds whilst maintaining a tidy and homely environment for the residents.
Maintain the dignity and privacy of the residents.
Record and update daily charts and care plans. Undertake mandatory training.
- Maintain dignity and privacy of residents
- Deliver personal care to residents by washing, dressing, assisting with meals and drinks, assisting residents to mobilise using relevant aids.
- Changing and making beds, disposing of soiled linen correctly, changing pads, assisting with bed pans and commodes.
- Observe and report any changes in the residents’ conditions.
- Complete and update daily care notes and charts.
- Adhere to the homes policies and procedures.
£3.70 per hr.
Late shift: 14:00- 20:00
Long day: 08:00 – 20:00
20 mins paid break on 6hr shift
50mins paid break on 12hr shift
- Good verbal and written communication
- Be able to work as a team member as well as individually by using their own intuitive.
- Have an understanding and degree of empathy with the possible needs of older people.
- Caring nature
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.