This is a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified or AAT qualified Financial Officer to join a professional and friendly team and play a significant role in the delivery of efficient customer focused finance function.
Centrally located in the Thames Gateway, our client is within easy reach of the main train station and the A2.
Under the supervision of the Principal Accountant, the post holder will contribute to the provision of an effective and efficient customer-focused finance function relating to housing services. The post holder will assist in delivering timely financial advice to budget managers, with a focus on the key financial processes of budgeting, monitoring and supporting the preparation of final accounts. The post holder will also undertake daily treasury management activities and associated treasury activities.
- Assist with the preparation of the revenue estimates for the Housing Revenue Account and general fund housing activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly budget monitoring information for budget managers and Management Team.
- Continuously monitor actual revenue expenditure against estimates. To support budget managers through the provision of financial advice and recommendation on any action required to be taken to manage budgets.
- Take a role in monthly meetings with budget managers, challenging forecasts and variances in accordance with the budget monitoring framework.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly budget monitoring reports to Members.
- Perform regular reconciliations of key areas of financial activity.
- Undertake daily treasury management activities on a rota basis.
- Facilitate the maintenance of the Treasury Management System.
- Perform regular reconciliations of key areas of treasury activity.
- Assist in the production of financial information for inclusion in Treasury Management reports for Management Team and Member Committees.
- Assist in the final accounts process by undertaking tasks to support the preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with the annual timetable.
- Housing Revenue Account Business Plan
- Assist Senior Officers in the team with the maintenance of the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan.
- Promote best financial practice and compliance with the relevant accounting, statutory, external grant funding, financial regulations and procedures, including those for external reporting, medium term financial planning and the sound financial governance of public funds.
- Promote financial accounting systems and contribute to the training of system users.
- Assist in the production of financial information as a contribution to the development of strategies, work programmes and business cases to help deliver financial plans and strategies and facilitate decision-making.
- Liaise with client departments as is necessary to carry out the functions of Financial Services.
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of claims and statistical returns
- Assist other members of Financial Services as required.
- Attend as necessary, relevant meetings, both internal and external, as a representative for Financial Services.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...
Apply for Finance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly