Apprentice Receptionist (Level 2/Intermediate)
GP Surgery - The practice is a Training Practice; Drs Payne, Hussain, Mahil, Rupal and Jey are GP trainers, and there are currently eight trainees (referred to as GP registrars). The Practice also hosts student nurses.
There are 3 surgeries at Shorne, Istead Rise and along with the Summerhouse Surgery in Bexley.
The practice dispenses medicines to many patients at the Shorne Surgery, and to a limited number of patients at Istead Rise.
The practice believes in the traditional standards of general practice and is committed to providing the highest standards of medical care.
Description of Vacancy
To ensure the provision of an efficient and compassionate service to the patients. To work as an effective and efficient team member to provide this service.
We are looking for someone to cover the reception front desk of busy GP surgery. There will be general office duties and the candidate will be offering support to our team, carrying out administration related to patient service.
Duties include: -
- Greeting and speaking to customers
- Answer telephone enquiries
- Maintaining customer records
- Data Input.
- Contacting customers to arrange appointments.
- Assisting in customer enquiries
- Assist in general office administration
- To open, date stamp and sort the post
- To get out patients notes as required.
- To file notes, results and letters and clear scanning folder
- Cover at Istead Rise and Shorne
37.5 per week. The Practice hours are currently 8 am – 6.30 pm, in line with the usual NHS contract, plus extended hours one morning a week between 7am and 8 am. One session a week will be at Istead Rise as Summerhouse have a Thursday afternoon closure.
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Able to use own judgement
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Pleasant and articulate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility of working hours
- Residential rights in the UK
- Full driving license preferred
- Smartly and appropriately dressed
Prefer GCSE Math & English.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.