Apprentice Grounds Maintenance Operative Horticulture Level 2 - Landscape Services
7 days left
- Full Time
We’re Growing our Own! Apprenticeships at Landscape Services – the start of something great! Be part of a team that cuts 2.2 million square meters of urban grass every 23 days! Landscape Services (part of Commercial Services Group) are looking to recruit a team of Landscaping Apprentices across Kent!
Working for Landscape Services (part of Commercial Services Group) to deliver grounds maintenance and soft landscaping services in line with contract requirements. To include mowing, strimming, shrub border maintenance, hedge cutting, and weed control, turfing, planting, line marking of sports pitches and related works as required.
- Undertake general grounds maintenance works instructed by your Charge-hand on a daily, basis ensuring completion to meet contract specification and customer satisfaction
- Under supervision, you will care and maintain all company machinery and equipment to manufacturer’s specified recommendations, ensuring the safe and correct use of equipment at all times
- Use materials and related equipment correctly avoiding wastage or damage
- Liaise with customers as required with a professional approach and good customer care at all times. Highlight any concerns to Charge hands / Supervisors
- Complete appropriate paperwork such as timesheets, attendance sheets and relevant forms as requested. Complying with Landscape Services Standing Instructions and Health and Safety Requirements
- Ensure safe working practices (i.e. Manual Handling) are maintained at all times. Identify hazards and unsafe practices to minimise potential injuries or accidents. Highlight concerns and attain good and safe practice at all times
- Undertake relevant company training and development to achieve progression, developing relevant knowledge and skills
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance on site. Lead by example and deliver good quality expectation. Represent the moral and ethics of Landscape Services, achieving aims with a positive approach
- Where called, respond and support inclement weather works i.e. snow clearing as required
You will be required to attend Hadlow College 1 day each week for classroom study.