Our small village school is looking for the right person to join our team in the role of office manager and, if able to meet the details laid out below, bursar.
The bursar role is being offered to the candidate with an appropriate level of qualification or experience and a willingness to undertake necessary training.
The successful candidate will be organised and proactive with excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
The role is varied and includes:
Face to face contact with the public - learners, parents, visitors, governors and staff, day to day administration and secretarial work managing finance, ordering and resources, organising human resources, use of ICT (including SIMS and SIMS finance packages), dealing with premises and facilities
Candidates should have:
- A good standard of education, preferably to A Level
- Experience of working in an office environment
- A high level of experience and competence in using ICT
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets or working with finance
Candidates should be:
- Honest and able to maintain confidentiality
- Highly organised and able to manage their own time independently and effectively
- Efficient and able to work to deadlines
- Good communicators, both face to face and on the telephone
- Able to work well with children
- Committed to the school, flexible and able to give 'over and above' when and if necessary
In return we can offer:
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- A commitment to opportunities for your professional development
The office manager salary is at Kent Range 6 (starting salary £19 864 per annum pro rata for hours worked). This role is 37 hours per week, to cover usual school opening hours.
The bursar salary is at Kent Range 8 (starting salary £24 791 per annum pro rata for hours worked). This role is 5 hours per week.
This role has a 6 month probation period.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references, DBS checks and health checks.
Visits to the school are STRONGLY recommended.
Application packs detailing how to apply and the information we require from candidates are available from the school office. Please contact us on 01304 852600 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 25 January 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews week beginning: 28 January 2019
Starting Date: as soon as possible after interview