A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Civil Engineer to join our Engineering Team. You will develop and deliver medium to large structural engineering projects from inception to completion in live operational environments
In this role you will:
Design, project manage and contract manage the safe design, construction and use of related engineering works.
• Undertake structural assessments of existing assets, review structural calculations and designs produced by consultants
• Design and prepare specifications and drawings for maintenance work and items of new work to be carried out by the Boards Engineering Division as required
• From time to time undertake structural design and/or assessments, calculations and reviews of Port related activities on the estate in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
• Act as Project Manager under NEC ECC Contracts and as Employer under the NEC PSC Contracts
• Act in the capacity of Principal Designer when appointed by the General Manager
• Assess Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers against safety and quality competency criteria and make recommendations for appointment
• Furnish report, regularly for financial and progress reports on contract works, and as required for the Team Leader
Skills and Qualifications :
• BSc/BEng Civil Engineering
• Incorporated or Chartered Status with the ICE or equivalent or demonstrable competence
• Undertake the role and responsibilities of Principal Designer under CDM regulations
• 5 years post graduate
• Manage Consultants and Contractors
• Manage Risk and Change control
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
Apply for Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly