Salary - £26,000k – based in Chatham, Kent
Blueleaf have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our busy Operations team. This important role will report to the Operations Manager and involves working as part of and managing a small team ensuring that customer orders are correctly and efficiently picked, checked, labelled and packed, with responsibility to organize the routing and tracking of the delivery vehicles to ensure on time delivery.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of a supervisory role within a warehouse environment and be proficient in the use of inventory software, databases and dispatch systems, including the routing of vehicles, and be familiar with business principles and practices.
A license to drive a Counter Balance and High Reach Fork Lift Truck is essential.
- Ensure all customer orders are picked, packed and dispatched to the required standard, carrying out regular audits and spot checks to ensure quality of process, and provide clear feedback on findings.
- Ensure that returns from company vehicles are checked in correctly and paperwork actioned accordingly.
- Liaise with appropriate departments when non-conformance, part shipment or delays to dispatch occur.
- Managing the drivers: providing the tracking and routing, loading is correctly done, daily vehicle checks are completed, and ensuring the vehicles are road legal and clean.
- Ensure compliance with all transport procedures regarding tachograph and maintenance is completed and up to date.
- Produce delivery schedule and routings for direct dispatch operations.
- Provide reports to Operations Manager as and when requested.
- Daily allocation and monitoring of tasks and duties of the team in line with expected volumes.
- Ensure that all lifting and maneuvering of products and goods are carried out in accordance with manual handling regulations.
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health and safety and environmental regulations to ensure safety of own and others wearing the safety equipment provided by the company. Reporting any issues immediately
- Handle any hazardous materials in line with product discretion and regulations.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment to ensure optimal space utilisation.
- Ensure the reporting of defects on the vehicle before next day deliveries and that the keys are placed in the correct place for operational efficiency and to ensure on time deliveries.
- Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value working with the team to implement changes to working practices. Training and motivating work colleagues with the objection of meeting service delivery targets and deadlines.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations at all times.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for the loading of all vans
- Responsible for locking up premises, which may require working after 7pm if a van returns late.
- Occasionally there may be the need to work from other warehouses within the company due to business need and customer demand; appropriate notice will be given.
Management of People
- Objective and KPI setting with regular 121’s to review current status.
- Monitoring and management of performance taking appropriate action where required.
- Identifying training needs and liaise with HR to implement the most effective way of providing this within agreed budgets.
- Managing day to day people issues that may arise, i.e. absence.
- Coaching and developing the team.
- Managing the team’s workload making necessary adjustments as and when required.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of a supervisory role within a warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of vehicle routing and UK postcode areas.
- Hold Counter Balance Forklift and High Reach Forklift Licenses, with Electric Pallet Truck certification desirable.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, Manual Handling and Hazardous Substances.
- Proficient in the use of inventory software, databases and dispatch systems.
- Teamwork, willing to participate as a full member of the team.
- Planning and organizing, establishing a course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals.
- Attention to detail, ensure accuracy and quality of work and information.
- Flexibility, adapting to various environments maintaining effectiveness in role.
- Work standards, setting high goals and standards of performance for self and team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire, guide individuals or groups towards goal achievement.
- Delegation skills by utilising the team effectively, allocating decision making and other responsibilities to the appropriate team member.
- Always seeking to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
Interpersonnel is assisting with the 1st stage of recruitment for this role.
Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
Apply for Warehouse Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly