Directorate: Children, Young People and Education
Division: Community Learning and Skills (CLS)
Location: Sittingbourne Grade: KR5
Responsible to: Integrated Campaign Manager
Purpose of the Job:
Provide support to develop marketing campaigns to promote CLS. This role is varied and includes planning, digital marketing, advertising, public relations, event organisation, distribution, sponsorship and research.
Main duties and responsibilities
Marketing Executive contributes to and develops integrated marketing campaigns.
1. Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations;
2. Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
3. Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press and specialist publications – along with other media.
4. Assisting with the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs.
5. Writing and proofreading copy.
6. Liaising with designers and printers.
7. Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials.
8. Maintaining and updating customer databases, marketing records.
9. Conducting market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups.
10.Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies.
12.Evaluating marketing campaigns; monitoring competitor activity.
13.Support the day-to-day administrative functions of the team, such as the processing of mail, the development and maintenance of office systems , arranging meetings, taking minutes of meetings, dealing with phone calls and visitors and preparing routine correspondence and documents to ensure the smooth running of the team
14.Work closely with colleagues in CLS, KCC and external partners to enable effective planning and deployment of CLS marketing and communication strategy.
Applicants should describe in their application how they meet these criteria:
A good standard of English and Mathematics to GCSE A-C grade or equivalent
ECDL or equivalent IT qualification or can demonstrate equivalent level of skill
Experience of working in a marketing environment
Experience of digital marketing
Experience of budget monitoring and purchasing systems
Experience of working to deadlines and responding to short term challenges
Experience of dealing with staff at a number of levels in an organisation
Skills and Abilities
Ability to use standard MS office software and graphic packages.
Effective planning and organisation skills
Able to work on own and in a team
Ability to listen and communicate effectively to colleagues and internal customers
Well-developed literacy skills
Ability to develop relationships with people and develop partnerships
Ability to use a professional approach and use appropriate tools
Ability to deliver agreed outcomes and deliver to timescales
Ability to analyse market and other data
Ability to listen and communicate effectively to colleagues and internal customer
High level of literacy skills
Basic knowledge of marketing principles and practice
Knowledge of business administration systems and processes
Awareness of Data Protection and confidentiality issues
People and partnerships
Tools and professionalism
Outcomes and delivery