Pet Claims Assistant
Based at Kings Hill, West Malling
£16,500 - £19,000 DOE
Full & Part time hours available
Working hours are flexible. Must work Monday to Friday until 8pm but start times are flexible. + Saturday 9am – 1pm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client based in Kings Hill who are going from strength to strength and growing rapidly.
Working in their Pet Insurance department you will be responsible for liaising closely with customers, veterinary practices and 3rd parties to assist the claims department with the smooth claims process journey.
• Uploading claims correspondence and claim forms received onto the claims system, responding to customers’ written requests for claim forms or enquiries into the progress of their claims, and their general enquiries;
• Chasing documentation from customers, external contacts and third parties.
• Keeping the customer informed of progress at all times both verbally and in writing via email, SMS or letter;
• Taking inbound calls from customers, external contacts and third parties;
• Assisting policyholders’ with general queries over the telephone;
• Taking new claim form request calls;
• Taking inbound sales quote calls;
• Outbound calling for information to support claims, and returning policyholders calls where necessary;
• Generally assisting with administration tasks to support the claims handlers;
• Processing continuation claim assessments;
• Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following the agreed processes for referral;
• Returning original documents to customers, where required;
• Ensuring system records are kept up to date and that claim activity is recorded accurately via system notes;
• Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and quality standards set by the company.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
• Technical knowledge of veterinary terminology, ailments and medication would be beneficial but not essential
• Basic Insurance Claims Knowledge desired
• Strong call handling skills
• Excellent administration skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
• Strong service delivery ethic
• High standard of personal motivation and initiative
Our client is within the financial services industry client will carry out criminal record and financial checks including CCJs and bankruptcy.
All initial interviews will be carried out in our offices in Maidstone.
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
Apply for Pet Claims Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly