Sales & Marketing Manager
Hours and Holidays
37.5 hours per week
Rota-based (Monday - Friday between 8:00am and 5:30pm)
21 + bank holidays
- This is a great opportunity for an interesting career in a unique and specialised industry
- A chance to engage customers and maintain long term relationships using your empathetic customer skills
- You will be relied on by our customers who will reward you with their trust
- You will be highly valued by our professional team
- There will be many opportunities for increased remuneration and responsibility
- We will help you learn with training, mentoring and support
Stonetools is the leading supplier of tools for working stone in the UK. We supply the tools and consumables used for cutting, shaping, polishing, drilling, gluing and treating natural stone and other hard surfaces. Our range includes power tools, abrasives and chemical products.
Natural stone is one of mankind's oldest building materials and includes marble, granite, limestone, sandstone, onyx and travertine. Our customers also work man-made products. The many ways in which these materials are processed for varying applications will provide diverse and interesting customer interactions.
Stonetools began its' mission 20 years ago. We have built our business up to over 800 regular customers. Our mission is to be "the leading supplier of tools for working stone and other hard building materials, worldwide".
Our vision is that everyone working stone and hard building materials, will always choose Stonetools to supply them with the tools and consumables that they need. To achieve this vision we need to build our team and are looking for hard working, talented people to be a part of our future.
Your Part - Sales Advisor
Sales Advisor is an internal sales and relationship management role that will task you to handle incoming customer communications, guide customers through our product range, process orders and respond to sales enquiries.
By getting to know our regular customers, you will be the custodian of the business relationships we have with them. During these interactions, Sales Advisors identify and record opportunities for sales growth, while ensuring customers order everything they need for the jobs they have to do.
This role is crucially important to ensure that we deliver an industry leading touchpoint during all interactions with customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process sales orders
- Ensure customers have not forgotten any products
- Handle incoming communications with customers
- Provide product information and range guidance to customers
- Identify and record opportunities for sales growth
- Update, maintain and enhance the quality of data recorded and held on customers' records
- Other duties may be assigned and/or the above amended from time to time
- 12+ months of sales experience
- Demonstrable background in developing relationships with customers
- No product or industry knowledge is required - full training will be provided
- You are friendly and able to listen and understand customers' needs
- You are committed to learning about the stone industry and invest in a career with us
- You have the ability to understand and explain technical concepts
- You are attentive to detail and perform to a high standard, reliably
- You are ambitious, upbeat and hard working
For information please call Ross Mead, Sales & Marketing Manager on 01892 519290.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com