Customer Service Operations Assistant
Customer Service Operations Assistant
Full time - 36.25 hours a week, split between Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
(Our client would possibly look at part time options for the right candidate)
Principal Purpose of Role:
- Dealing with telephone calls received to our helplines by using the company computer system to provide information in response to enquiries.
- General administration of existing policies over the telephone and in writing.
- Provide support to the Claims Team as required, including post assessments and action, and outbound calling to chase replies from customers and third parties
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Deal with phone calls on relevant helplines
- Register new claims over the telephone
- General Administration of existing policies over the telephone and in writing including admendments, queries, cancellations, direct debits, claim form requests and updates
- Provide support to the claims team in the management of ongoing claims
- Chase documentation from customers and third parties and keeping the customer informed of progress at all times both verbally and in writing
- Continuing claim post assessments
- Understand policy wordings and their interpretation in relation to customer eligibility
- Effectively identify complaints and escalate where necessary
- Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following the agreed processes for referral
- Ensure company service standards are adhered to
- Communicate with internal profit centres external clients and the claims department, where appropriate
- Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to the individual’s skills and experience.
- Ensure that our customers are treated in accordance with the principals of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Act in accordance with the Company’s values with both internal and external customers to facilitate continued and improved company reputation and success.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements and company policies.
- Remain vigilant to the potential opportunities for financial crime, fraud and money laundering and take actions appropriate to mitigate their likelihood and impact
- Alert to potential regulatory and business risks within the Department. Also ensure such risks are included in the Departmental Risk Management Programme, and that action is taken to mitigate them
The personal data of customers, staff and other individuals must be handled lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other related legislation. Employees are also individually responsible for ensuring they comply with associated policies and procedures.
- 5 GCSE level qualifications, grade C or above
- Customer service experience
- Call handling experience
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Problem resolution skills
- Computer literate
- Insurance claims knowledge
- Insurance policy administration skills
- Financial Services experience
- Work co-operatively with colleagues to support the company approach to Corporate Environmental and Social Responsibility, and adopt associated policies
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.