Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the RoRo Operations Department, based at the Port of Sheerness.
Role Purpose: To support the Business Unit Manager in ensuring that the day to day operations of the unit run safely, efficiently and to target.
Our core values: Personal Responsibility, Integrity and Honesty, Strive for Excellence, Heartfelt Customer Service, One team.
Peel Ports is committed to a workplace free from harm. Our Safety365 strategy helps deliver the highest health and safety standards.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that the highest levels of H&S are maintained within the Business Unit at all times.
- Conduct appropriate investigations into product damage and liaise with Business Unit Manager in order to determine corrective courses of action.
- Manage direct and 3rd party labour to meet the required targets and ensure the operation remains profitable by balancing labour costs against revenue.
- Assist the Business Unit Manager in maintaining / managing costs, seeking to drive down a culture of cost management within the team and deliver within specific cost targets.
- Complete damage and NCR reports.
- Liaise daily with the RoRo Administrator to ensure labour requirements are known.
- To lead from the front, motivating the team to ensure customer service targets are met, budgeted financial goals are achieved and quality checks are undertaken. Engender a culture of continuous improvement in all staff.
- Represent the department in a professional manner with all internal and external customers.
- To ensure stock loss / damage is minimised, undertaking investigation into route cause when required.
Applicants interested in this role should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- In depth experience of automotive operations, especially loading of export vessels with high and heavy / tracked units.
- Good understanding of Safe Systems of Work, Process Instruction Cards and Single Point Lessons.
- Understanding of 3rd Party Labour Management.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- IOSH managing safely.
- Valid driving licence.
- Supervisory Leadership Training in Ports.
Please contact the Talent Team if you wish to receive further information regarding this role. Candidates interested in this vacancy should apply via our careers page at www.peelports.com/careers before the closing date of Friday 8th March 2019.