3 days left
- Full Time
£18,500 pa for 36.25 hours a week, split between Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with a 45 minute lunch.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Assessing new claim notifications
- Collecting accurate information and necessary documentation to proceed with a claim
- Assessing all claim documentation supplied by a policyholder and the relevant third parties
- Guiding policyholders on how to proceed with the claim and keeping them informed at all times both verbally and in writing
- Assessing medical information and reviewing complex medical histories
- Negotiating with Motor Vehicle Insurers to ensure a fair market valuation of the vehicle
- Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of valid claims
- Assistant policyholders with general queries
- Writing clear and accurate non-standard letters where claim circumstances require it
- Ensuring system records are kept up to date and that claim activity is recorded accurately
- Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and quality standards set by the company
- Identifying potential fraudulent claims and following the agreed processes for referral
- Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to the individual’s skills and experience
- Ensure that our customers are treated in accordance with the principals of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Act in accordance with the Company’s values with both internal and external customers to facilitate continued and improved company reputation and success
- Understand how you play a part in the Customer Experience.
- Provide a service to all of our customers (internal and external) that is memorable for the right reasons and builds our reputation as a great company to work for and do business with.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements and company policies
- Remain vigilant to the potential opportunities for financial crime, fraud and money laundering and take actions appropriate to mitigate their likelihood and impact
- Alert to potential regulatory and business risks within the Department. Also ensure such risks are included in the Departmental Risk Management Programme, and that action is taken to mitigate them
- The personal data of customers, staff and other individuals must be handled lawfully and in accordance with current Data Protection laws, and other related legislation. Employees are also individually responsible for ensuring they comply with associated Insurance policies and procedures
- Make sure that everything you do fits in with the legal requirements
- Be aware of threats to our organisation and customers (e.g. financial crime, fraud and money laundering)
- Taking the appropriate action to minimise the impact of risks to our business (e.g. by following processes and reporting any concerns to your manager)
- Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with the current legislation
What would we like to see in you?
Previous experience of working in a Customer Service, Financial Servicers or Insurance Services environment is desirable.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
Organised and methodical
High attention to detail
Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
First class interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with a wide range of people
Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties.
Trustworthy and reliable
Courteous yet assertive
Respect for customer and business confidentiality
Strong service delivery ethic
Ethical standards, including Treating Customers Fairly
High standard of personal motivation and initiative
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
What’s on offer?
A supportive environment, where self-development and improvement is encouraged and supported.
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised.
We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose
Apply for Claims Assessor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly