2 days left
- Full Time
Gravesend Grammar School
52 weeks per year, 37 hours per week
Salary: TDET Scale 6 (£20,121 - £22,072) or Scale 7 (£22,072 - £25,112) depending upon experience and qualifications. Scale 8 possible for an exceptional candidate.
We are a successful and oversubscribed school of approximately 1,200 students. We are seeking to appoint an IT Technician to join our IT Support Team. Reporting to the Network Manager you will assist in running the school’s ICT network, and help staff and students with their use of ICT. The role will also involve supporting the IT network and staff at Whitehill Primary School, also in Gravesend. Very occasional evening working will be required to support whole school events e.g. open evening.
You are likely to have 2 or more years experience in an IT support role. You will have experience in working with Windows, Active Directory, and networking hardware (cabling and switches). Experience of cloud solutions, particularly Google, and of SIMS.net would be a distinct advantage, as would experience of working with audio-visual equipment. Previous education experience is desirable but not essential.
The day-to-day role will include:
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Training staff on a group and individual basis
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Conducting daily backup operations.
- Managing technical documentation.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Please visit the School website www.gravesendgrammar.com for an application form or contact Andrew Burwood, Network Manager, on 01474 369531. To complete an Application please click on "Apply" button