Apprentice Warehousing and Distribution Assistant
Vital Parts Ltd are a renowned Plastic, Rubber & Metal component manufacturer and distributor based in Bircholt Road, Maidstone. Employing a wealth of technical knowledge and experience we are creating a reputation throughout the industry as the go to place for everything component related.
Description of Vacancy
Vital Parts are currently looking for an energetic and hard-working Warehouse Assistant to join our very busy and fast-growing team. Ideally, we are looking for someone who works well under pressure, has the ability to work at a quick pace and has the enthusiasm to want to exceed in all expectations.
The successful applicant will be looking after incoming and outgoing goods, picking and packing items accurately and quickly.
– Being part of a Goldman Sachs high growth SME recognised company
– Never work on your birthday and get paid for it
– Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays + birthday)
– 2 weeks sabbatical when you have been with the company for 5 years
– Modern social working environment
– 4 paid sick days a year (once passed probation)
– Working for an ambitious company with a huge potential for promotions due to rapid growth
– Onsite parking
Duties to include:
- Picking and packing parcels within allocated time scales
- Dealing with incoming stock from suppliers.
- Unloading containers and checking the stock is correct
- Participating in stock checks
- Basic computer skills – printing off labels etc
- Keeping the warehouse safe by ensuring a clean and tidy working environment – no boxes/clutter in walkways
- Ensuring procedures are followed in respect of problem orders
- Ensure Quality Control standards are maintained.
- Identify areas for improvement in own performance and takes ownership for developing own skills
£200 a week
Monday – Friday
1 hour lunch
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail and be accurate
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Adaptable to change
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Ability to use initiative
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Have a common sense approach to health and safety
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.