Senior Building Technician
Building Senior Technician
Category: Technical Professional
As Building Senior Technician you will work in a team providing a broad range of building/construction expertise to maintain and improve existing buildings, infrastructure and other structures or facilities.
The post holder will have primary expertise in managing building maintenance work from identification to procurement and supervision of works on site. The post holder needs to be proactive and flexible able to manage numerous project simultaneously.
The post holders needs to have a high competence of construction health and safety.
The post holder needs to have a mindset of customer service and quickly form good working relationships with key clients
Project and contract management will be a daily part of this role. Conformance to procedures and all relevant statutory requirements within the post holders discipline is essential.
The post holder will play an integral part in the function of the Department in ensuring that the assets are maintained and repaired effectively, efficiently and to the appropriate standards of safety.
Duties of the Post Holder
Building Senior Technician-Building Maintenance & Projects
• To undertake construction fault diagnosis, determine corrective action and produce designs to solve issues, procure the works and administer building contracts.
• Producing detailed contract documentation, including statements of requirements, specifications for tenders
• Planning, execution, and monitoring of minor works up to large building projects and planned maintenance programmes.
• Liaising directly with Contractors, arranging site and building access and overseeing construction works ensuring full compliance with all aspects of Health and Safety; CDM Regulations and DHB Contractor Safety Code requirements.
• To act in the capacity of CDM Principal Designer when appointed by the Head of Development Projects
• To assess Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers against safety and quality competency criteria and make recommendations for appointment.
• To assist, when required, as Project Manager in agreeing interim certificates for payment, final accounts and claims resolution on maintenance/project works.
• To liaise with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project on the Board's behalf, including the formulation of the "brief" and the progress of work on site in respect of brief, time, quality, safety, financial targets and operational constraints.
• Providing a flexible approach to normal working time, work overtime and attend emergencies and breakdowns as required and when available. The post will require a high degree of flexible and adaptable team working including some out of hours and call out attendance.
• Undertaking courses of retraining and improvement which may become necessary
• Planning and delivery or acceptance of capital assets
• Problem solving; detecting and analysing underlying problems and taking long term corrective actions and fault finding.
• Continual professional development.
• To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
• To comply with all safety instructions and to accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. To identify potential risks in the work area, and to report such risks promptly to management.
• Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the job holder’s skills, abilities and status.
HNC or HND in an appropriate building/ construction discipline.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
Assessment of bulding/construction defects
Building engineering and design
Management of contractors
Risk and environmental assessments
Mechanical and electrical working knowledge
National Schedule of Rates
Contract specifications, documentation & administration
Working knowledge of current CDM Regulations
Good knowledge of Building Regulations
Site supervision with particular regard to specification compliance, quality and health & safety.
CDM Principal Designer competency
Carpenter, Bricklayer and/or Electrian.
SMSTS (Site Safety Management Training Scheme)
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.