Position: Project Engineer
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Salary: up to £35k DOE
Job Type: Full time
My client a leading supplier of aluminium and magnesium castings and fully-finished, assembly ready cast parts for the aerospace and defence industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the delivery of the engineering aspects of NPI projects by understanding customer requirements and developing and managing engineering/manufacturing closure plans for each project.
Ensuring prototype, first off and serial production of parts is moved through the production facility with minimal impact to day-to-day production targets, in line with the project plan and customer order dates.
Work with sub-contractors to deliver specific aspects of an NPI project (e.g. tooling), either via electronic communication or onsite visits.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Delivered complex and simple NPI projects in aerospace companies, working within a gated process (e.g. APQP)
- Successfully worked on multiple projects concurrently
- Worked within and occasionally led risk analysis (FMEA etc.) teams
- Created manufacturing instructions from 2D drawings or 3D CAD (model based definition)
- Worked in an sand casting environment
- Presented technical requirements and project plans throughout organisation at all levels
- Planned projects using GANTT charts using cost, schedule and quality metrics
- Has worked closely with customers and suppliers making onsite visits
- Worked within, and occasionally led problem solving (8D/A4/Ishikawa etc.) teams
- Knowledge of sand casting techniques/processes
- Understands Engineering Change (ECO/ECN) processes
- Familiar with using a gated process to deliver NPI e.g. APQP
- Ability to work with sub contract operations e.g. tooling manufacture or post casting treatments
- Understands project planning techniques
- Understand problem solving (8D/A3/RCCA) techniques
- Used configuration management processes to ensure all engineering documentation is correct at point of us
Closing date: 10th May
Interpersonnel is assisting with the 1st stage of recruitment for this role.
Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.