LGV Driver - Class 1
LGV Driver - Class 1 (Teynham)
Teynham, ME9 9PR
Are you looking for stability in a role offering great benefits and regular hours? Then we want you!
Fowler Welch is a leading logistics provider, delivering a range of products and services to retailers and wholesalers across the nation. We provide a modern fleet, great working benefits and UK travel only.
As the 2018 Grocer Gold Awards Logistics Supplier of the Year, Fowler Welch has a simple vision for the future: we want to continue to be a supplier-of-choice for fast-moving consumer goods among major manufacturers and retailers. In your role as a LGV Driver, you will be operating refrigerated articulated vehicles, delivering and collecting chilled stock from Local and Regional Distribution Centres as well as Farms and Packhouses across the UK.
As a Fowler Welch LGV Driver at our Teynham depot, you will earn a MINIMUM (based on a typical 50 hour week working Monday to Friday) of:
£27,222 (DAYS) + overtime + safe driving bonuses
£28,418 (EARLIES) + overtime + safe driving bonuses
£29,666 (NIGHTS) + overtime + safe driving bonuses
On top of this, you can earn increased shift premiums for weekend hours and occasional nights out will be offered. We have a variety of shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle.
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer the added bonus of an excellent benefits package, which include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Fully funded CPC training that takes place on a paid working day
- Fowler Welch ‘Safedrive’ Scheme – we reward our drivers on safe, efficient and legally compliant driving, with the potential of earning an extra £1,000 a year!
- Fowler Welch ‘Collision Free Year’ awards and associated yearly prize draws
- Coveted ‘Driver of the Year’ accolade – highlighting our very best drivers and rewarding them with prizes including £500 of vouchers and Jet2 flight tickets
- Free exclusive motoring discounts on servicing, MOTs and tyres at our carefully selected garages
- Free Legal Insurance and Protection as a Fowler Welch Commercial Vehicle Driver
- Free Fowler Welch Health Cash Plan. We fund a care plan for our employees that covers an array of medical fees including dental and optical - with no cost for you! You evenhave the option to increase your totals or add family members to the plan for a small monthly fee
- Free Life Insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Auto enrolment onto our competitive Pension Scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
- Exclusive discounts on a range of package holidays with Jet2Holidays
- Discounted gym memberships at over 2,500 gyms across the UK
To be considered as an LGV Driver, we need you to have the following:
- Cat C+E Licence (Class 1)
- A good understanding of the legal requirements regarding tachograph and driving hours
- Professional manner and conduct when dealing with our customers
Previous experience within a similar driving role is not a requirement for us – we will take on newly qualified drivers with a hard working attitude and a willingness to learn.
To be considered for the role of an LGV Driver, please apply via the button shown.
Apply today and join us on the road to success!