Warehouse Supervisor – Salary range £27,000 - £30,000
Location – Northfleet, Kent
Due to expansion, we are looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor.
The role involves supervising warehouse operatives to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the warehouse. The job involves working a weekly rotating shift pattern of 5am to 3pm and 12pm to 10pm subject to the business needs including overtime.
- Supervising operational staff and their activities with a “hands on” approach
- Managing performance of the shift teams (Pick/pack ratio)
- Production of cost-effective route optimisation (POD father)
- Supervision of goods in/out, order fulfilment/packing/dispatch and returns
- Supervision of Manufacturing areas
- Optimising facility storage space and resources
- Carrying out regular Stocktakes
- Ensuring accurate stock control
- Health and Safety – ensuring that policies and working practices are adhered to.
- Management of carriers and booking delivery requirements
- Producing daily/weekly data for KPI’s and cost/budget control
- Effective liaison with the Customer Services to ensure that relevant and timely information is provided relating to customer consignments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous supervisory experience of staff in a warehouse environment
- Full Forklift Operators Licence
- Knowledge of warehouse management and transport planning systems
- Knowledge of the building industry
- Good analytical, reasoning and communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Flexible approach to ensure role effectiveness
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety in a warehouse environment
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive basic salary up to £30K – depending on skills and experience
- Provision of free lunch whilst on shift
- Pension Scheme
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Interpersonnel is assisting with the 1st stage of recruitment for this role.
Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.