Senior Compliance Officer
Senior Compliance Officer
The purpose of the compliance team is to:
· Ensure that all new and amended FCA requirements are identified, interpreted, assessed for impact and communicated accordingly to those who need to act upon.
· Provide 2nd Line of Defence support, advice, guidance and challenge, at all stages of the compliance management process – to include sign off where agreed it is required.
· Undertake and/or co-ordinate assurance activity to assess whether procedures are compliant with regulatory requirements.
· Report to the Board of Directors, Risk Committee and Executive Committee on the assurance activity undertaken, and the outcomes in terms of whether procedures are compliant with the requirements, and propose remedial actions if they are not
· Undertaking consultancy, engagement and monitoring to help ensure specified Protection and HNW business teams are compliant with applicable FCA regulations
· Providing Compliance guidance to the Protection and HNW teams on new products, new business opportunities, and changes to existing business relationships and changes to existing products.
· To operate independently as a recognised Compliance expert for specified Protection and HNW business, considering and proposing options and advising on all aspects of FCA regulation, e.g. provision of product information, literature and documentation, cancellations, claims handling etc.
· To engage with the Protection and HNW teams, to assist them in delivering regulatory compliance and fair customer outcomes
· To independently undertake Protection and HNW compliance monitoring and produce detailed monitoring reports as specified in the Compliance Monitoring Plan. To propose recommendations and ensure remedial work and actions are fully completed.
· To provide initial compliance advice and guidance to the Protection and HNW teams by attending meetings and reporting to the Compliance Manager for validation before progressing
· To monitor regulatory developments and to read, and understand new consultation papers and policy statements.
· To advise the Protection and HNW teams of new regulation, interpret the impact this may have and to work them so that they can implement any new processes required as a result of FCA changes.
· To support the Compliance Manager in co-ordinating the Protection and HNW teams responses to FCA thematic work / routine enquiries.
· To support the Protection and HNW teams in their assessment of new outsourcers, to ensure that these are logged on the outsourcing register and assist them in determining the appropriate oversight and monitoring arrangements.
· To critically evaluate all Protection and HNW new product proposals and product reviews from a regulatory perspective, as required. Be a point of contact for Managers and employees regarding employee related queries.
· Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with current Data Protection laws, and other related legislation
· If required, you will be open and cooperative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
What would we like to see in you?
Detailed knowledge of FCA regulation
High standard of written and verbal communication and the ability to disseminate complex details and concepts to all staff
The ability to challenge assumptions , identify non-compliance issues and escalate as appropriate Guides others in resolving complex issues using specialist compliance experience.
Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work independently on own initiative as well as part of a team
Ability to resolve complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist.
Ability to produce clear and accurate written information
Ability to develop excellent working relationships with the business to ensure compliance is embedded
The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with management teams across the business
Educated to degree level or equivalent
A good understanding of working in an insurance compliance/risk environment
Approximately 5 years + experience in an insurance compliance environment
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion