Digital Systems Development Officer
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Systems/Software Developer who likes to work in a challenging but enjoyable, environment. The Team you will be working with support an ethos of encouraging innovation, providing practical solutions and working flexibly.
You will help to develop and deliver efficient and customer focused systems across the EKC Group, including scalability and integrity. To help develop and maintain a single digital platform as the business intelligence hub of the EKC Group. To work with the Business Systems team to develop new systems and reporting technologies.
EKC Group does offer a flexible working environment including the option of remote/home working which would be considered for this role.
· To assist in the implementation of new digital systems and ensure integration with the EKC Group existing systems and data environment
· To support and maintain the EKC Groups existing digital systems
· To be a member of cross-system/department/EKC Group project teams
· To work with business users across the EKC Group to determine the best working processes, based upon the business requirements and system capability
· To develop, maintain and support any emerging technologies that provide an appropriate digital platform for the EKC Group
· To help maintain the integration of disparate data sources (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, Sharepoint, Access, Excel etc.) across or within a single digital platform
· To support the delivery of business intelligence reports to users via SSRS, SharePoint, Email and any single digital platform
· To be responsible for the documentation and central storage of all processes that link/move data between systems
· To work with the Technology Team in the integration and development of a single digital platform
· Qualified to degree level in an IT / Systems related function
· Two years experience of working in a systems development and reporting function role
· Detailed knowledge of systems development, implementation and integration to meet a variety of customer requirements
· Detailed knowledge of relational databases particularly MS SQL, MS Access, Progress, MySQL
· Knowledge and experience of digital platforms; particularly Sharepoint, Reporting Services and Business Analysis tools.
· Experience of developing and maintaining high quality business intelligence that meets the needs of users and supports decision-making
· Detailed knowledge and experience of development software Visual Studio (VBS), PHP, Scripting, Drupal
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and to liaise effectively with all staff and learners as required.
· Prepared to work flexibly according to the needs of the service
Work as part of a team of enthusiastic professionals
Flexible work environment
Life Assurance scheme
Family friendly benefits
Please note, a fully completed application is required in all cases. If you require assistance please call us on 01303 858205 or email us on email@example.com
We are committed to the 'safeguarding' of all our students and staff. This means everyone who works here is required to actively protect them from preventable harm. Our recruitment and selection process includes background checks which will be undertaken on the successful applicant, including an enhanced DBS, and in your application you are required to demonstrate how you meet the Group requirements on safeguarding.We are also committed to complying and implementing the Prevent agenda.