Salary - £35,000 - £40,000pa - based in Chatham, Kent.
We are urgently looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to lead our Purchasing team based at our offices in Chatham, Kent and Southwater, West Sussex. Whilst this role is based in Chatham, there will be a requirement to travel to work at the Southwater location at least one day a week. We pride ourselves in empowering the success of care homes around the world and provides its customers with everything you look for in the care environment, and the space in which care takes place.
Working as part of our highly motivated and passionate purchasing team, the successful candidate will be an organized and structured individual with strong leadership skills and a detailed understanding of buying goods and services.
This is a full-time role, reporting to the head of procurement, working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm. If you are highly motivated, organized and looking to make a difference, then this role could be for you.
- Lead and develop team of 4 people to cover demand planning and reactive purchasing activities
- Drive efficiencies across demand planning processes to improve demand planning accuracy, general purchasing and customer order fulfillment and cost.
- Forecast levels of demand/supply for inventory using stock forecasting tool (Netstock)
- Active participation across supply chain operational reviews.
- Key member of the Procurement dept liaising with supply chain manager, customer service team, operations team, and sales team.
- Gain the respect of all suppliers, maximizing company GP from the cost price perspective; minimize company stock holding but maximizing company ‘on-time-in-full’ percentage to our customers.
- Create statistical forecasts, gather, analyze and validate data
- Review sales plans and demand drivers
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel
- Maintain demand planning system and Company ERP systems by ensuring correct cost prices are updated constantly and systematically
- Liaise with sales team on product usage, especially on commencement of a new contract, to ensure correct stock levels are held and maintained.
- Train and supervise the work of others in the procurement team.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments
- Build and maintain good relationships with existing suppliers
- Monitor the quality of service provided by suppliers
- Maintain purchase contract files, and use as reference for future purchasing.
- Develop strategies to ensure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met, working closely with Supply Chain Manager
- Undertake ‘value for money’ reviews of existing contracts and arrangements working closely with Supply Chain Manager
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Keep a constant check on stock levels
- Produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
- Evaluate RFQ’s (requests for quotes) and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors, working closely with Supply Chain Manager
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Management of a purchasing team.
- General ERP knowledge
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Able to plan multi-tasks and priorities workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain focused on the priority task.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in quality of work and information.
- Teamwork, willing to participate as a full member of the team.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Commercial awareness
- Strong analytical ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- Numeracy skills in order to analyse facts and figures
- the ability to lead and motivate a team
- A flair for negotiation and networking
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines
- Learning agility – able to quickly pick up news skills and ideas, concepts and adapt to new situations
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join a growing organisation and really make this role their own. A competitive salary and benefits are on offer. Apply now!
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our current vacancies are on our website