Job Title: Claims Assessor
Location: Kings Hill
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00 (36.25 hours)
Our client is looking to grow their existing team in The Customer Operations department by taking on a Claims Assessor offering a competitive salary and a supportive environment, where self-development and improvement is encouraged and supported.
Based in Kings Hill, you will be assessing and validating Life, Inability to Work and Unemployment claims, gathering any information required in an efficient and timely manner, updating system records to accurately and clearly reflect the claim journey and keeping the customer informed at all times; so excellent customer service skills is a must for this role!
As well as this you will be responsible for:
- Fully understand the policyholder’s circumstances from the point of the initial call.
- Request necessary documentation to ensure you reach a decision as quickly as possible.
- Assess all claim documentation within required service level standards.
- Guide the policyholder throughout the process and keep them informed at all times both verbally and/or in writing.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of valid claims.
- Identify potentially fraudulent claims and follow the agreed process for referral.
- Utilise external suppliers where appropriate.
- Write clear and accurate non-standard letters where claim circumstances require it.
- Ensure the policyholder is treated fairly and that they receive excellent service in accordance with company guidelines.
- Identify and recommend new customer service initiatives ranging from all aspects of claims management.
- Ensure that our customers are treated in accordance with the principals of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Act in accordance with the Company’s values with both internal and external customers to facilitate continued and improved company reputation and success
- Understand how you play a part in the Customer Experience.
- Provide a service to all of our customers (internal and external) that is memorable for the right reasons and builds our reputation as a great company to work for and do business with.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements and company policies
- Remain vigilant to the potential opportunities for financial crime, fraud and money laundering and take actions appropriate to mitigate their likelihood and impact
- Alert to potential regulatory and business risks within the Department. Also ensure such risks are included in the Departmental Risk Management Programme, and that action is taken to mitigate them
- The personal data of customers, staff and other individuals must be handled lawfully and in accordance with current Data Protection laws, and other related legislation. Employees are also individually responsible for ensuring they comply with associated Insurance policies and procedures
- Make sure that everything you do fits in with the legal requirements
- Be aware of threats to our organisation and customers (e.g. financial crime, fraud and money laundering)
- Taking the appropriate action to minimise the impact of risks to our business (e.g. by following processes and reporting any concerns to your manager)
- Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with the current legislation
What would we like to see in you?
- Ability to prioritise work loads
- Problem resolution skills
- Computer literate
- Acts well on feedback, constantly seeking to improve your performance
- Actively listens to others and demonstrates your understanding with appropriate follow up actions
- 5 GCSE level qualifications, grace C or above
- Customer service experience
- Claims handling experience preferred but not essential
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Business for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies
Apply for Claims Assessor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly