7 days left
On 11th March 2019, three well established practices merged to become Ashford Medical Partnership. Willesborough Health Centre, Singleton Health Centre and St Stephens Health Centre serve a practice population of over 32,000 patients.
The practices are all located in the heart of Ashford and are approximately 2.5miles apart. The sites are within easy reach of Junctions 9 and 10 of the M20 and we are a few minutes from Ashford International train station.
The current workforce is led by 8 GP Partners, 6 salaried GP’s, 6 Nurse Practitioners, a large Nursing and HCA Team and our other highly skilled allied healthcare professionals. The clinical team is complimented by a General Manager and a large Administrative team consisting of reception, administrative and secretarial staff.
We are a friendly, proactive and forward-thinking practice and from September 2020, we will run our own independent PCN. As part of our recent growth, we are looking to recruit further staff members to complement our existing team.
What can we offer?
- A supportive and proactive environment led by clinical mentors.
- Flexible and negotiable working pattern.
- Practice opening times between 8.00am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday.
- Improved access working during evenings and weekends as part of the Ashford Clinical Providers scheme.
- EMIS Web clinical software.
- Good premises with ample parking (free).
This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time or part-time Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist to work across our three surgeries.
We are looking to appoint forward thinking and motivated individuals into our well established nursing team and to support us in delivering high quality healthcare to the population of Ashford. Ours is a fast-paced environment but one which is supported by a strong team-ethic and in which continuing professional development and opportunities for specialisation are encouraged.
We are looking for someone who will share our commitment to providing excellent health care to our patients. The post holder will have developed a range of clinical skills, as well as the experience and ability to competently deal with patients who present to the surgery.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in General Practice and The HCA will assist the practice clinical team in the provision and delivery of prescribed programmes of patient care.
The HCA will be responsible for seeing patients with booked appointments for clinical procedures.
The HCA will liaise closely with all clinical and admin teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- New patient health checks
- ECG recording
- Chaperoning duties
- Immunisations and Vaccinations
- Processing and management of laboratory samples requested by GPs/nurses
- Sterilising, cleansing and maintenance of surgical equipment
- Vaccine/cold chain storage, monitoring and recording
- Surgical equipment and vaccine re-stocking and stock rotation
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
- Preparing and maintaining environments and equipment before, during and after patient care interventions, including assisting GPs during the performance of minor operations
- Assisting in the assessment and surveillance of patients' health and well-being
- Undertaking specific clinical activities for named patients that have been delegated and taught specifically in relation to that individual
- Helping to raise awareness of health and well-being and how it can be promoted
- Assisting with the collection and collation of data on needs related to health and well-being
- The post will include some administrative duties
Apply for Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly