Junior Software Developer
Fed up with being just a coder in a sea of coders? Want to actually make a difference?
Must Have Ideas is one of the fastest growing small businesses in the region. We’re a friendly, small, focused ecommerce company selling household, cleaning, beauty, garden and pet products to our growing customer base in the UK and USA.
We are looking for a talent software developer to join our team to take over the development of our internal, back-end applications which powers our crucial sales, advertising, inventory and dispatch operations. We’re currently using a freelance developer but we have outgrown his capabilities and it’s time to bring the development in-house.
You will be the sole developer on a team of non-techies, so we’ll be relying on you to develop feature-rich, efficient software to aid our workflows and help grow the business. You’ll need to be self-motivated and self-sufficient.
You’ll work directly with the Directors to map out efficient workflows and processes, which you’ll then write software to automate. You’ll primarily work on back-end technologies, but there will be some basic front-end development required too, for UX etc.
You’ll be writing applications which interface with data streams from platforms such as shopify, facebook ads and klaviyo as well as couriers such as Royal Mail and Hermes.
Without an IT department of our own, you’ll also likely to become the “go to” guy for IT issues around the office. Sorry about that.
If you love developing applications which have a real-world, positive impact and are central to the growth of a small business, then this could be the role for you.
We’ve got no time to lose – so you’ll need to be available for an immediate start.
(Please note: We are currently based on the Medway City Estate in Rochester, but in early 2021 we will be moving to swanky new premises a few miles up the road in Snodland, so please make sure you are comfortable with both of those locations.)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing Business Intelligence software to assist the workflow of the business
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features regularly
- Ensuring all the applications you develop are well documented, well-maintained, scalable and reliable
- Working with our web host to configure our VPS for the best efficiency for our applications so that they are quick to use and reliable
- Assisting with front-end web development as and when required
- You will have experience with back-end development, writing applications in PHP, using MySQL
- Experience Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience with Shopify and/or Facebook Ads APIs would be beneficially, but not necessary
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a good team player
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You will be happy to take responsibility and get things done
Must Have Ideas Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Junior Software Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly