Business Development Manager
Locate in Kent is Kent and Medway’s investment promotion agency. Our mission is to secure new jobs and investment into the region and act as the single point of contact for UK and local companies seeking to expand or set up an operation in Kent and Medway.
Due to large project activity, we intend to appoint a Business Development Manager on a fixed-term contract. The salary is between £39k-£45k depending on experience.
We are based in Ashford and largely working remotely during the current public health situation.
We are an independent organisation that enhances its services to investors by working closely with a range of other organisations and companies such as Kent County Council, Medway Council, local councils, Department for International Trade, corporate partners, members of the Kent Developers Group and the region’s best professional services companies.
The Business Development team is working on live projects to support business growth and employers moving to the region. The companies will vary in size and activities and will be located across the whole of the region.
You will work with our Investment Director on the outcomes of client interactions and maintain accurate records on Locate in Kent’s CRM system to enable monthly reports to be produced in conjunction with our Head of Business Intelligence.
Following an initial induction, you will undertake to achieve an agreed target to support the creation of validated new jobs and projects and that will lead to more employment.
Locate in Kent will provide the Business Development Manager with access to the appropriate corporate systems and will pay expenses in accordance with our corporate policy. Including a monthly allowance for broadband, mobile costs and mileage.
- Generating, handling and converting projects to successful investments leading to job creation in Kent & Medway.
- Delivering, reporting and validating projects
- Continually developing and refining Kent and Medway’s proposition
The Business Development team takes the lead responsibility for generating investment leads, developing these into active investment projects and converting them into successful investments within Kent and Medway.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. The generation, account handling and successful conversion of investment projects as a collaborative member of the Business Development team.
2. Maximise your project conversion and ensure partner organisations are involved where value can be added.
3. Identify service areas where Locate in Kent can leverage their expertise, knowledge and capabilities to add value to our partners and key stakeholders.
4. Work with our Marketing and Business Intelligence colleagues to review and develop new sector propositions to help deliver Locate in Kent’s sector strategy and priorities, identify and target prospective investors and attend relevant trade shows/events.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with property agents, consultants, intermediaries, stakeholders and Locate in Kent partners.
6. Prepare client propositions drawing on the full range of data and property information available from both within Locate in Kent and outside including drawing on the resources of Locate in Kent’s Marketing and Business Information teams.
7. Maintain and further develop knowledge of Kent and Medway as an investment location as well as the wider market.
8. Ensure all of Locate in Kent’s CRM systems are kept up to date.
9. Other tasks that might reasonably be requested by the Investment Director.
- Business consultancy or solution sales experience with demonstration of results.
- The capability of developing business in a sales-driven organisation.
- Develop strong professional relationships.
- Prioritise work and manage multiple projects in a target driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Accomplished in using Microsoft 365 applications.
- Understanding and knowledge of Kent and Medway and appreciation of attributes likely to
- influence investors.
- A clean full driving licence.
- A team player.
- Reliable, energetic and methodical.
- Able to wok to deadlines and comfortable with targets.
- Curious and self aware.