2 days left
- Full Time
The Care Taker will need to be keen, enthusiastic and physically fit. The main activities are maintenance, reactive repairs (where relevant), compliance monitoring, remedial work and buildings and grounds keeping.
Working in close collaboration with the General Manager and Site Managers, you will work hard to keep the buildings and grounds to an acceptable standard. As part of building security and alarms, you will be required to partake in an on-call rota. The Care Taker will be able to effectively prioritise their work and ensure they are resourceful in the requisition of parts and materials. The GP Partners will expect work to be carried out at all Ashford Medical Partnership sites in a safe and tidy manner.
You will have access to your own vehicle and be prepared to move furniture, medical equipment, patient notes, documentation or other items as required.
Key / Main Responsibilities:
- To support and assist the General Manager and GP Partners with any duties, tasks and projects as required.
- The role covers all aspects of general maintenance both internal and external at any of the premises/sites Ashford Medical Partnership should offer services from. This may be buildings, external fabric, outbuildings, grounds and outdoor areas.
- You will be required to undertake installations, fault finding, repair of doors, locks, windows, furniture, plumbing, drainage and other miscellaneous faults/tasks.
- To ensure continuity of service there will be time when extra hours or altered working patterns are required as well as the requirement to undertake training to remain current with relevant standards and practices. You will also participate in the on-call rota to provide emergency buildings response outside normal working hours.
- Activities may include;
- Installing and dismantling furniture and equipment
- Dealing with windows/glazing.
- Alarms and security systems.
- Display systems.
- General health & safety.
- To undertake planned preventative maintenance or emergency works as required by the Practice. Use of knowledge and skills to ensure safe methods of working and to carry out tasks in a cost effective way.
- To understand the requirements of a Care Taker and NHS buildings and systems.
- To ensure that all equipment is used in a safe and efficient manner.
- To carry out works as requested verbally, via email or tasks allocated on Intradoc. Ensure any associated paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Check all invoices for work are in line with contractor’s agreement and pass to the General Manager for payment.
- To work with staff of all levels and disciplines throughout the practice. To work with external engineers/contractors as required.
- To work unsupervised, have a flexible approach to work and work beyond the hours of duty should circumstances dictate.
- To assist with any major disasters and assist with the Business Continuity Plan if required.
- To be able to transport goods and assist with driving duties as required.
- To remain up to date to new legislation and compliance. To attend training courses as directed by your line manager.
- To work with contractors to gain knowledge/complete tasks.
- Grit the car park areas when there is snow/ice.
- In conjunction with the Practices Fire Policy, carry out weekly testing of the fire alarms/other emergency alarms at all sites.
- Check statutory lighting and log accordingly.
- Be responsible for the Legionella tests and logs, ensuring the practice has an annual certificate.
- Assist with heating/water systems as necessary. Call an experienced plumber should this be required.
- Assist with electrical faults but refer to the General Manager in the event an electrical engineer is required.
- Assist with moving IT/telephony equipment as required.
- Work with the Site Managers to arrange annual PAT Testing.
This Job Description will vary from time to time, by mutual consent, according to the way in which Ashford Medical Partnership develops.
Apply for Practice Caretaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly