Residential Site Manager
Job Role: Residential Site Manager
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Salary: Competitive with accommodation included (this is a residential position, the successful application must live on site)
Job Sector: Retirement – Independent Living
Hours: Full Time Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Applications are invited for a residential site manager position for a friendly, independent living retirement scheme. The site has 26 independent living units, the site office and site manger’s house. As the residential site manager you will be expected to provide an efficient and professional service for our residents by ensuring the development is a safe and comfortable environment for them to enjoy, whilst maintaining high standards of security, health and safety, and best practice in all areas of compliance.
The site manager is not expected to provide any level of medical or nursing care.
As the residential site manager, you will have overall responsibility for the day to day smooth running of the scheme, reporting to the Board of Directors for this right to manage (RTM) scheme.
- A consistent and high level of availability to undertake daily resident welfare checks and site checks, ensuring all buildings, communal areas, gardens and grounds are clean and secure
- Responsibility for running the site office, undertaking all admin related tasks associated with the care and maintenance of the site.
- Maintaining accurate resident information records in line with current government general data protection regulations (GDPR)
- Ensuring all equipment is in good working order and regular services and maintenance checks are undertaken
- General garden maintenance of communal areas; mowing lawns, hedge cutting and keeping flower boarders neat and well stocked.
- Liaising with property management agents in all areas of management of the site
- Engaging and overseeing approved contractors for work undertaken onsite
- Arranging regular social events on site for residents (when covid19 safe)
You will contribute to our vision by being responsible, along with the directors, for ensuring there is a welcoming, friendly, and courteous environment within the development. So, being quick to smile and naturally helpful, whilst remaining professional at all times, is a quality we are especially seeking.
You will be well organised to stay on top of all the admin, including communicating with all the residents in advance about planned maintenance work and social events arranged on site. Ideally you will have verifiable experience in a similar customer focused
role, and be able to provide a professional level of customer service and commitment.
You will also have:
- A good level of education
- Excellent customer service skills, and be willing to go the extra mile
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Experience in administrative tasks and in the use of Word, Excel and email
- The ability to quickly solve problems and be forward thinking in your approach
- General skills and ability to quickly resolve day to day maintenance requirements
Applications need to have an up to date CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, and what skills and experience you have to offer.